Help.. naturals come in here!!

danigurl18

I know this is going to sound like the dumbest question of the year but how do you put your hair products in your hair?? I feel like I'm doing it wrong because my hair starts to get frizzy half way thru! What is the best technique for putting the products in quickly without manipulating the hair too much??

When I wear wash n gos, I apply product in this order:

conditioner, then gel or............

conditioner, then oil.

I flip my head forward to apply products to underside of hair first, then I apply products in a smooth motion from root to ends. Rubbing back and forth creates more frizz.

Sometimes I tie my hair down with a scarf for a few minutes to help it lay down better.

When towel drying, squeeze don't rub.

i second the "squeeze not rub". i made my hair frizzy this morning by going back and forth instead of just back. i put the product in my hand, get the ends first, scrunch the back left, then the back right, then repeat with each side, then the middle, then the top.

Duly noted - so... the addendum to the question would be:

what do you do to get the product to the scalp. I found greasing my scalp to be quite the work out yesterday - cause I didn't want to put a rattail through it to separate so I could get to the scalp. And when I put the product on my fingers and tried to feel for my scalp - seems that I just got the product on my hair shaft.

Duly noted - so... the addendum to the question would be:

what do you do to get the product to the scalp. I found greasing my scalp to be quite the work out yesterday - cause I didn't want to put a rattail through it to separate so I could get to the scalp. And when I put the product on my fingers and tried to feel for my scalp - seems that I just got the product on my hair shaft.
I just part my hair and put the oil on it and keep it moving.. sometimes i clip the parts that I already did so I don't get lost.. i use my fingers

I basically smooth my product in as if im about to do a ponytail and then squeeze the most of excess water out...I'll repeat until my hair feels like its coated enough with the product not to create frizz after it dries. I use this method with conditioner like SUave coconut. I dont use gels or oils . Once in a blue moon I might use KCCC.

Back