Help!!Natural Wntr Pressing & Shedding?

Choclatcotton

ANy ladies have any other remedies for naturals who press in the winter and shedd??? I have tried garlic, extra moisture. ONe problem might be infrequent washing. I only wash once a month because its cold as Alaska(-7) at night and I wash 2 X a week when I wear gel during warmer months. I have been using Amla and Doo gro moisture cream every night and I roll my hair and put a silk scarf but I still loose to me about 15-20 long hairs a night. I seem to loose all the thickness and growth from the Summer. I press every three weeks to avoid so much heat on my 4A hair. Any suggestions would be appreciated from you hair experts?? Where's Pinkskates at??

A good number of people have had success with coffee/tea rinses because caffeine is supposed to stop shedding. There's a long thread on it somewhere around here, just search coffee or caffeine. Oh and there's one about tea rinsing that irresistible started so you can search for that as well.

Shedding is just a natural part of the hair growth process so you'll never be able to get rid of it completely. Some people shed more in the winter others in the summer. 15-20 hairs is really not that much considering the average has been reported as 70-100 per day.

How do you go a month without washing? I wouldn't be able to stand it.

Thanks for your input I will check this out. This is my 2nd month washing once a month, and it is very hard to go this long. Being naturally pressed and trying to avoid extra heat, leaves me few styling options.:ohwell:

I've been shedding a lot lately and i just started doing the tea rinses and so far so good. I think it's working better than the garlic pills (for me anyway). I don't go a month though, the longest i've gone is 2 1/2 weeks. Now that i have a better iron and technique, it doesn't take long so i do it more often.

I'm in California and its around 85 during the day here, so i'm not having the same winter weather you are, BUT i am a pressed natural (for now, slowly fading out the heat) at night I moisturize with KC Knot today and seal with coconut oil. about 3x a week i use olive oil on my ends. I also take flinstone sour gummy vitamins daily (don't laugh ! i can't swallow pills !) and i've noticed my shedding and breaking has decreased dramatically. I wrap my hair at night with a silk scarf, also. HTH !

Back