Help:Natural Hair Butters in Stores?

Naturae

Let me start by saying I really hate ordering stuff online. The fact that I have to pay extra money for shipping + wait "7-10 business days for delivery" drives me nuts! :wallbash: I have searched all over this forum for an archived thread on this issue but found nothing.
Does anyone know where I can find a hair butter similar to Karen's Body Beautiful in stores? Even if i had to make my own it would be fine if I didn't have to resort to ordering the ingredients online!
I currently live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area which is like "no man's land" when it comes to anything pertaining to natural products for natural hair care (no offense if you're a Texan!). Even if you don't live close to my area, your advice is welcomed. I know a lot of states have a Whole Foods so do you think that would be a good place to start looking???

bumping! I went to whole foods yesterday and all they had was that aweful kinky curly custard! one of u ladies has an answer im sure of it :)

I've never tried Karen's Body Beautiful but would Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine be similar? It's at WF, Target & Vitamin Shoppe. It has lots of butters in it and a nice smell. I use it on my daughter's hair.

I've never tried Karen's Body Beautiful but would Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine be similar? It's at WF, Target & Vitamin Shoppe. It has lots of butters in it and a nice smell. I use it on my daughter's hair.

Thanks Janda. I never tried Jane Carter's before....hmmm may have to look into that. I was looking for something thick that's just butters and with no water included. I dont want to have to be concerned about my hair reverting since I'm natural. :grin:

Last edited:
target also sales curls and shea moisture wich carries a butter. They also have Miss Jessie's in select stores. Our local target can't keep the Miss Jessie's in stock though...

target also sales curls and shea moisture wich carries a butter. They also have Miss Jessie's in select stores. Our local target can't keep the Miss Jessie's in stock though...

I know! I went to Target on Friday and they were picked clean of Miss Jessie's. But I'd still recommend the Jane Carter butter.

Okay so Im back from the store... re: Jane Carter's...Target by my house didnt have it so I went to Vitamin Shoppe. They had it butttttt it was $18 for a 4oz bottle... and it didn't smell too great either. Kinda like vegetable oil. :( So i didn't get it. I really wanted it to be the one!

Okay so Im back from the store... re: Jane Carter's...Target by my house didnt have it so I went to Vitamin Shoppe. They had it butttttt it was $18 for a 4oz bottle... and it didn't smell too great either. Kinda like vegetable oil. :( So i didn't get it. I really wanted it to be the one!

I'm wondering what you saw. The Nourish and Shine butter comes in a jar and doesn't smell like vegetable oil. It smells kind of sweet. There's a Nourishing Cream that comes in a 4.5 oz. tube.

I'm wondering what you saw. The Nourish and Shine butter comes in a jar and doesn't smell like vegetable oil. It smells kind of sweet. There's a Nourishing Cream that comes in a 4.5 oz. tube.

Sorry Janda... it did come in a jar not a bottle... but what i smelled wasn't sweet. Lord knows how long it had been sitting on that shelf though which may have something to do with it. When I opened it, it was a dark yellow color and whew! smelled oily...:perplexed

I will co-sign this. I got a sample of this stuff from my local BSS and it is the business. Very buttery soft, worked great on my daughters' 3c-4b hair.

Sorry Janda... it did come in a jar not a bottle... but what i smelled wasn't sweet. Lord knows how long it had been sitting on that shelf though which may have something to do with it. When I opened it, it was a dark yellow color and whew! smelled oily...:perplexed

Sorry you didn't like it.:perplexed

Thats okay. I do appreciate your help though, thank you! I have a feeling I'm going to end up resorting to KBB online purchase. If only i lived in NYC!!! :wallbash:

Back