Help! My last relaxer burned my scalp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bludacious

Help!!!!!! My last relaxer approximately 5 weeks ago, burned my scalp. My scalp healed in that area but my scalp is now dry and flaky! I tried different oils and hot oil treatment. I even tried sulfur 8. They didn't work. Has one experienced this? If so, what did you do to reverse this! Help anyone!!!

I read that Hot oil treatments aren't good for the hair because it can literally boil the hair follicle. Maybe this aggrevated the condition?!?!

FashionistaNY said:
I read that Hot oil treatments aren't good for the hair because it can literally boil the hair follicle. Maybe this aggrevated the condition?!?!

Thanks! Even before I started the hot oil treatment, this spot was dry and flaky!!! I will try the sea breeze. This spot is very visible so still taking advice!

kitchen_tician said:
Parnevu T-Tree scalp oil

Thanks KT! When Kitchen_tician speaks about hair, everyone on LHCF listens! *** shut down computer, grabbing my purse, on my way to walmart***

Is it a lye relaxer? Lye relaxers have been known to dry out your scalp. Since it's been 5 weeks, girlfriend i think u are in need of a clarifying shampoo. this is the only way i can get rid of my flakies. also immediately after I dry my hair, i apply light oil so it won't flake no more...... As much as i love my mizani relaxer...it surely burned the crap outta my scalp 2 weeks ago. but i blame myself because i was scratching my scalp and wasn't being careful.

Back