Help... My hair keeps breaking!

Bliss806

I get my hair done at the salon every week because if I go 1 day over a week without washing my hair it starts to get sore and itchy. And about 4 days after I get my hair done it starts breaking. I've tried switching hair salons and I've even tried doing it myself but that isn't a good outcome at all. Do you have any suggestions??
I only get my roots blown when I go to the salon and I recently started stretching my touch-ups. Do you have any suggestions for hair products that I can use? Also my hair is thin.

do u know what products they use on ur hair when u get it done? do they ever deep condition ur hair?

do they blowdry your hair everytime?

if your hair is breaking, something is missing. are you getting chemicals or heat applied to your hair each week? what products is your stylist using? I had to quit the hair salon and gain control of my hair. Perhaps, you need not go every week?

I don't know what they use on my hair when I go. I go to a dominican salon. At one point I was using this Avacado mix that I got off of here and then going there after to get a wash and set. I stopped blowing my hair out about 2 months ago and now I only get the roots blown out. I don't know how to tell what type my hair is or the protein level. :ohwell:
Can you please tell me how?

That link helped me too, I'm also having a problem with breaking :sad: Except, my hair (at least not this wash and deep condition) doesn't really break when wet. I lost minimal hair when detangling and roller setting but afterwards I noticed many tiny hairs on my shoulders. This morning, while combing it out was no different, even though the hair feels very soft. Now I'm thinking I need more protein.

The list of the products I used/regimen/pics are in my fotki albums and journals if anyone is interested. The password is in my profile :yep: Any advice is welcome!

My hair doesn't really break when it's wet either. And it doesn't break when I first get it done. It starts to break off like 4 days after I get it done. Is it possible that I have to wash my hair every 4 days?? OMG if so because I go to the salon every week and I can't afford to go every 4 days!! :perplexed

I get my hair done at the salon every week because if I go 1 day over a week without washing my hair it starts to get sore and itchy. And about 4 days after I get my hair done it starts breaking. I've tried switching hair salons and I've even tried doing it myself but that isn't a good outcome at all. Do you have any suggestions??
I only get my roots blown when I go to the salon and I recently started stretching my touch-ups. Do you have any suggestions for hair products that I can use? Also my hair is thin.

I think your hair is breaking because you are going to the salon too much. Lurk around some more and really pay attention to the threads that give information. All the questions you are asking in various threads are being discussed or have been discussed and can give you some tips.

Oh wow!! really!! When I go I don't let them blow dry my hair I just get a wash and set with a deep conditioner. Sometimes, I tell them to only blow the roots out buts that it. I don't get it flat ironed or hot curled I just tell them to wrao it and that's all. Is there anything bad about this?

Oh wow!! really!! When I go I don't let them blow dry my hair I just get a wash and set with a deep conditioner. Sometimes, I tell them to only blow the roots out buts that it. I don't get it flat ironed or hot curled I just tell them to wrao it and that's all. Is there anything bad about this?

Bliss, really, why don't you just read alot of the threads that talk about proper salon care or proper care when deep conditioning.

Your new, welcome :wave: but as you read more of the threads, you can get some help as to how to make sure you are treating your hair the best when it comes to going to the salon if you want to.

This is a great place for you to be, I can see that right now :yep:

How are you caring for your hair outside of your salon visits?
What products are you using for moisurizing and sealing? How often are you moisturizing and sealing?
When was the last time you had a protein treatment?

Welcome Bliss!

I have to say i was having the same problem that you are having now, but after being a member of LHCF, i stopped going to the salon every week and took control of my hair. Now i do not exp any type of breakage. But i do have to agree with the other LHCF members and take some time and review some of the threads and i am sure you will find ways to stop your hair from breaking and other helpful information about hair care. GOOD LUCK!

Back