Help! My hair is shedding!!

Sounique

I am 10 weeks post relaxed. I've been just washing my hair and bunning. No heat. I use castor oil to keep my hair moisturized. Yesterday and today when I ran the comb through my hair, it's shedding like crazy. :sad: Now I just did a 24 week stretch and had absolutely no shedding or breaking or anything. Now I can literaly hear my hair breaking when I comb it. It sounds like (crunch crunch crunch) and the comb is full of hair.

What am I doing wrong? Could it be too much castor oil? Could it be the weather? I don't know what to do. I deep condition every week. I haven't done anything different. I'm so close to apl, I can taste it! I don't want to have to backtrack. Please somebody help!!!!!!!:perplexed

Girl, it has GOT to be the weather that's causing the massive shedding. I've had so much shedding over the past week that I was near tears this morning. I keep reading that many of the other ladies on the board are having the same issue.

Regarding the breakage, you might want to add a creamy or water-based moisturizer to your routine and just use the castor oil for sealing. You need some hard core moisture now that winter is here.

I am 10 weeks post relaxed. I've been just washing my hair and bunning. No heat. I use castor oil to keep my hair moisturized. Yesterday and today when I ran the comb through my hair, it's shedding like crazy. :sad: Now I just did a 24 week stretch and had absolutely no shedding or breaking or anything. Now I can literaly hear my hair breaking when I comb it. It sounds like (crunch crunch crunch) and the comb is full of hair.

What am I doing wrong? Could it be too much castor oil? Could it be the weather? I don't know what to do. I deep condition every week. I haven't done anything different. I'm so close to apl, I can taste it! I don't want to have to backtrack. Please somebody help!!!!!!!:perplexed
This sounds more like breakage, not shedding. Maybe your hair needs more than castor oil to really be moisturized. I don't understand how you can have absolutely no shedding. I thought everyone had some shedding.

It sounds like your hair is dry. What are you using to d/c? You probably need something more moisturizing. c/s with using a water-based moisturizer daily. Do you use products with protein?

Girl, it has GOT to be the weather that's causing the massive shedding. I've had so much shedding over the past week that I was near tears this morning. I keep reading that many of the other ladies on the board are having the same issue.

Regarding the breakage, you might want to add a creamy or water-based moisturizer to your routine and just use the castor oil for sealing. You need some hard core moisture now that winter is here.

OT - Kat - I LOVE the shoes in your Avatar!!!

Try the garlic dominican conditoners alter ego or another brand. I know that when I am trying stretch it combats some shedding. Otherwise I would say go ahead and relax because it might be less damaging than stretching any further. HTH

Okay, I think that is the problem. I failed to moisturized. I have been using the castor oil, but no moisturizer. I usually use the organic root stimulator olive oil cream, which my hair loves.:yep: I can't believe I didn't realize that.:blush: :spinning: I'm going to wash and dc my hair tomorrow and apply to olive oil.

Thanks guys!:grin:

Okay, I think that is the problem. I failed to moisturized. I have been using the castor oil, but no moisturizer. I usually use the organic root stimulator olive oil cream, which my hair loves.:yep: I can't believe I didn't realize that.:blush: :spinning: I'm going to wash and dc my hair tomorrow and apply to olive oil.

Thanks guys!:grin:
GOOD LUCK WITH IT...BE SURE TO REPORT BACK ON HOW THINGS WORK OUT FOR YOU

Okay, so I obviously feel ridiculous. In my obsession with castor oil, I totally forgot to moisturize. I had to saturate my hair with the ors olive oil to bring it back to life. From hear on out, I will be sticking with the castor oil as a sealer only. My hair was breaking like crazy without the olive oil!

I'm so glad I have you all to turn to.:yep: Geez...I hope I didn't cause too much damage.:nono::perplexed

Back