HELP MY ENDS

carletta

WOULD THE LADIES THAT WERE ABLE GROWTO THEIR HAIR TO BRA STRAP LENGHT PLEASE GIVE SOME INSIGHT ON " HOW TO KEEP & MAINTAIN YOUR ENDS TO RETAIN LENGHT"

I have fine hair, - I'm able to get my growth going.....but mainting my end (lenght) is where I'm having the PROBLEMS :cry: :wallbash: I would love to get my hair to Bsl by this spring or summer .................. SOMEONE PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS :sad:

Protective styling is a big factor in protecting your ends. Deep condition regularly, protein when needed, a good leave-in, and seal those ends. What do you do to protect, strengthen, and mositurize your ends? How are you styling, combing, brushing? For me, the frequency of water on my hair makes a significant difference- do you co-wash? I also find that clean hair that gets clarified and/or chealted periodically makes a difference as well. It clears product buildup which prevents the good mositure for doing its job.

I try not to comb my hair but 1 time during the day.
I wash & deep condition 2 x a week
I have also incorrporated protein into my regimen once a week, air dry ( no heat ) my hair for some reason went thu a snaping spell , I increased protein, that helped but I have to keep some kind of moisture going too

IM BOUT READY TO GO BACK
TO MY HALLIE BERRY ,- N- CUT ALL THIS MESS OFF

IM STUCK AT SHOULDER LEGHT !!!!!

I know how you feel. In the beginning there was nothing that I could do to make my ends look as healthy as the rest of my hair. I got rid of split ends, I eventually did a heavy duty trim just to get it together. I then begin to put more focus onto the ends of my hair instead of the top of my hair.(top is important too):yep:. I purchased a spray moisturizer and a cream moisturizer that has little or no protein. Neutrogena was wonderful. I did not use any protein moisturizer on my hair for awhile. I saturated my ends daily with salon quality mositurizer before putting in protective style daily and put in cream moisturizer nightly. I also purchased a split end corrector. Mine is Joico but all of them pretty much do the same thing. It took a good week before I could see my ends change. Now they look really good. My hair is somewhat under processed on the strands so it does not look as as straight as the roots. I am trying to figure out how I am going to correct that but as for the ends..they are strong, moisturized and healthy. They are now in the same routine as the rest of my hair.

PS. Ayurveda products are amazing if you can do a ayurveda rinse once or twice a week you will see a big change in the strength and thickness of your hair.

*sorry to be so long winded)

Buena Suerta:grin:

only comb once a week....i too have fine hair, and combing is the devil.

i only comb once a week, and thats under the shower with conditioner in my hair.

i pin curl my hair, or tie it up with a silk scarf.....this works wonders for me...

i wear protective styles whenever i want to....which is maybe 2-3 times a week.

oh.....air dry your hair and flat iron instead of using a blow dryer...

I try not to comb my hair but 1 time during the
I wash & deep condition 2 x a week
I have also incorrporated protein into my regimen once a week, air dry ( no heat ) my hair for some reason went thu a snaping spell , I increased protein, that helped but I have to keep some kind of moisture going too

IM BOUT READY TO GO BACK
TO MY HALLIE BERRY ,- N- CUT ALL THIS MESS OFF

IM STUCK AT SHOULDER LEGHT !!!!!

The bolded part got my attention...maybe you are experiencing protein overload. I use protein on my hair at relaxer time only, every 8 to 10 weeks. It would certainly snap off if I used protein weekly.

Last edited:
Back