Help my ends are forever dry?!

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Can any of you ladies be insightful on how to keep my ends moisturized throughout the day. My hair goes through so much(work,school,gym,etc) that by the end of the day my hair is calling it quits. LoL but anywho I know alot of you are doing the baggie method...is there anything else besides that I should try that dosen't involve fake hair? Also what products do you use to keep your ends in tip top shape? Thanks /images/graemlins/wink.gif

For me the only thing that keeps my ends moisturized is either using the baggie method or protective styling (buns, French or Dutch braids w/ ends tucked under, etc). I wasn't a fan of wearing fake hair, either, but the results I've been getting from doing the baggie method have been worth it. I use extra virgin coconut oil on my ends when it's protected in a bun or in the baggie method. When I wear my hair down, I use a light serum like NTM's to prevent my hair feeling too weighed down.

The bun method with carrot oil on my ends has helped my ends a lot.
You can have a nice bun without fake hair if your hair is long enough. You can also switch form the carrot oil to another cream or oil or vaseline of your choice.
I testify that this method has really worked for me.
Thanks to the ladies from this site.
HTH.

Maybe i should try doing the bun method or at least the baggie method.I have shoulder length hair so maybe I should use a filler for my buns. I'll try this out tonite and I'll see how I like it. The virgin coconut oil...can I buy that in a grocery store?

I found my virgin coconut oil online at puritan's pride but you can find virgin coconut oil in most health food stores. You'll know it's virgin by the smell. It smells like fresh coconut.

For me, going back to using grease on my ends has helped retain a lot of moisture. I gave it up for 4 months and then I had to go back after my ends continued to be dry even after applying some sort of moisturizer. Don’t get me wrong, oils and moisturizer do work; I still use them, but they can’t do the trick that grease can on repairing my dry hair. Normally after I wash I apply my leave-in solution and then seal my ends with grease. It forever holds moisture with or without a protective style and my ends never dry out.

I just got a jar of Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter and so far this is one of the best treatments for my dry hair (particularly the ends) that I've come across lately. Oils work too, but I've ruined many a sweater by applying too much oil. You may want to give CD a try.
/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
vikkisecret said:
Can any of you ladies be insightful on how to keep my ends moisturized throughout the day. My hair goes through so much(work,school,gym,etc) that by the end of the day my hair is calling it quits. LoL but anywho I know alot of you are doing the baggie method...is there anything else besides that I should try that dosen't involve fake hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the baggie method without using fake hair. I wore scarves either covering my entire head or just over my bun. Then again, I work from home, so work appropriate styles aren't an issue for me. Another option is to oil your ends and wear a bun. Then, at night, instead of wearing a scarf or bonnet, remoisturize your ends and wear a plastic cap to bed. I did this one night because I didn't have my bonnet, and now I still do it sometimes because it really makes my hair feel great.

[ QUOTE ]
Also what products do you use to keep your ends in tip top shape? Thanks /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
After washing, Tigi Ego Boost is good to repair damaged ends. It's a light protein, though, so oil afterwards, since you are having dryness issues.

I've heard others try Avon dry ends serum. I haven't tried it though. carols daughter healthy hair butter works well on my ends.

What I use the most is Constant Care for Ends (originally by Wanakee), a little costly but keeping it in the fridge makes it last for months. I love the non-greasy feel and the lightness of it. I love the way it keeps my ends moisturized. I moisturize my ends upon awakening and before going to bed. If my ends are going to be exposed I may moisturize my ends a third time in the middle of the day to protect them. It usually doesn't get a chance to get dry.

Before I started wearing my hair up most of the time I used to bring a mini bottle of almond oil with me in my bag and apply whenever I could, 2-3 times a day.

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
What I use the most is Constant Care for Ends (originally by Wanakee), a little costly but keeping it in the fridge makes it last for months. I love the non-greasy feel and the lightness of it. I love the way it keeps my ends moisturized. I moisturize my ends upon awakening and before going to bed. If my ends are going to be exposed I may moisturize my ends a third time in the middle of the day to protect them. It usually doesn't get a chance to get dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also what I use.

Elasta Qp Mango butter is holding it down for my ends right now as well as the baggie method at nite when i am not in a protective style.

Most of the time when I work out I'll put my hair up and right now i'm putting Organic root stimulator (Olive Oil) on my ends. its ok but doesnt seem to be doing the trick. I think I'm going to try to some kind oil or is it ok to use the s-curl stuff on my hair when it's relaxed?

Profective Healthy Ends Daily Ends Strenghtener keeps my ends very moisturized without weighing my ends down or making them feel oily.

[ QUOTE ]
vikkisecret said:
Can any of you ladies be insightful on how to keep my ends moisturized throughout the day. My hair goes through so much(work,school,gym,etc) that by the end of the day my hair is calling it quits. LoL but anywho I know alot of you are doing the baggie method...is there anything else besides that I should try that dosen't involve fake hair? Also what products do you use to keep your ends in tip top shape? Thanks /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should try the Dabur Vatika oil on your ends or coconut oil. I just purchased the Dabur Vatika oil which most Indians I know use. Itmain ingredient is coconut oil. On the bottle it ells you to pay particular attention to the ends when applying it as an after shampoo treatment.

ditto for the Elasta Qp Mango butter on my ends. I also just put on blue black demi-color creme conditioning by Loreal COLORGEMS, this made all the difference in the world. It really sealed my ends!

Oil your ends at night and roll your hair up with rollers. /images/graemlins/wink.gif This has worked wonders for me! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

To keep my hair moisturized I do a hot oil treatment/wash/condition every other day. In the time between washes, I use Nexxus Botanic Oil to maintain moisture; it makes my hair really soft /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Back