HELP! My edges are thinning...what shall I do???

freshlikemoi

Hi ladies. I have been stretching with a sewn in since March 17th, however, my crown and edges are out. Although my hair does not appear to be breaking off, I can't help but think that the constant heating (once a week) just to get my hair straight and bouncy like the weave is taking a toll on my tresses. You see, I was convincing myself that since I hadn't relaxed in about 3 months that it is perfectly okay, to press my edges and crown. But this may be a huge mistake!!!! :badidea:

-What ideas, advice, and/or products can you suggest for a gal whose edges might take her down the Naomi Campbell route?? <--Well a bit dramatic I know but still.

So sorry that this is happening... I would suggest that you use growth aid on your edges... MN or BT

Do you think the sew in is contributing to the problem?
Maybe it is time to leave the sew ins alone for a while.
Leave the heat alone for a while.
get a growth aid for your temple and Use wigs for a few months.
Avoid lace fronts while you are babying your edges. get a regular wig or a headband wig and don't wear it when you're at home, let your head/hair breathe.

Thanx ladies. for your insight..I have tried, tried and tried growth aids. But I might just have to give this idea a try again. I just hate the way the sulfur messes up my sheets and jewelry. However, I believe at this point it would be totally worth it.

How do you ladies feel about WGO on my edges?

Do you think the sew in is contributing to the problem?
Maybe it is time to leave the sew ins alone for a while.
Leave the heat alone for a while.
get a growth aid for your temple and Use wigs for a few months.
Avoid lace fronts while you are babying your edges. get a regular wig or a headband wig and don't wear it when you're at home, let your head/hair breathe.

Yeah! I was afraid of this answer....but I think it just might be the best advice yet..::sigh::

My edges are very thin too and I found out that the scarf I used at night was the culprit. Make sure that isn't the case for you.

My edges are very thin too and I found out that the scarf I used at night was the culprit. Make sure that isn't the case for you.

What's interesting about your post is that, my scarf doesnt fall off at night but my edges are always out when I wake up in the morning.

Wow, there is alot that goes with this hair care journey. I never even considered that.

That's it, I'm going to the Puerto Rican furniture store to get me a satin pillow case today!

I would say take the weave out, growth aid on the thin sides and sleep with a satin pillowcase instead of a scarf. Hope this works for you.

Great advice ladies! I absolutely cannot wait until I get home from work, so I can start over again. I hate that I have neglected my tresses after all the hard work, I've put into it over the years.

Sorry this is happening to you. The ladies have given you great advise. I use Esther's elixer from http://tresscence.com/pages/aboutus.htm. She is a member here and the Elixer gave me results rather quickly considering I only use it 3 x a week on my temples where it was thin.
She is very nice and ships fast.
HTH

Hi ladies. I have been stretching with a sewn in since March 17th, however, my crown and edges are out. Although my hair does not appear to be breaking off, I can't help but think that the constant heating (once a week) just to get my hair straight and bouncy like the weave is taking a toll on my tresses. You see, I was convincing myself that since I hadn't relaxed in about 3 months that it is perfectly okay, to press my edges and crown. But this may be a huge mistake!!!! :badidea:

-What ideas, advice, and/or products can you suggest for a gal whose edges might take her down the Naomi Campbell route?? <--Well a bit dramatic I know but still.
MY MTG mix( MTG,Castor Oil,Blue magic coconut oil) mix together until nice and creamy and you will have your edges back in no time, a little goes a long way so use only a little.

Back