Help me with these Flexi Rods

HeChangedMyName

I bought a pack of 12 of them(blue) I've been looking at some tuturials on youtube too.

I am transitioning right now. . .:look: tomorrow makes 15 weeks.

So, are there any suggestions? best tuturials? best product to use on the hair?

I have some lotta body and it works great for regular roller sets, will it be ok to use that for a flexirod set? I also have some lacio lacio.

Do I NEED end papers for my ends? Should my hair be dripping wet when I do it or can I towel dry first? i plan to buy at least one more pack, maybe two so that I can have lots of curls.

I hope to be able to flexi rod for a while because I am feeling myself getting bored with my current phony pony puff.

i JUST finished watching yours. I'm at work so it was on mute, but I can't tell you how excited I was to see you whip out the Isoplus. I been holding on to a can of it for a minute wanting a reason to use it.

I get a little old school product-wise and use Isoplus Wrap Lotion as a setting lotion when I do flexirod sets. Gives just enough hold but when you separate the curls, you get softness. I always use end papers after my first attempt which I did without end papers and ended up with bent, uneven ends which frizzed quickly. I also use Isoplus Spray Sheen to get some gloss - don't like mussing it up using serums on my palms. Good luck and thanks for the thread - think I'm gonna come out of my bun for a couple of days and go curly!

I made a thread about these a while back but no one responded b/c I called them HairArt Rollers b/c that's what was on the package.

In random threads I've heard ppl comment on flexi's so I asked them offline how do they use. The two I spoke with suggested using them on dry hair b/c it takes too long to dry when using on damp hair. I was directed to "fgrogran" yt vid for a visual of how to use them. I attempted doing flexi's but had an issue with roller placement. The lower half of my hair was wavy but the crown was straight. Perhaps I should place a roller in the crown area to ensure I get a little wave in that area. HTH!

Thanks y'all. I did a trial run last night on just one section of hair to see how the curl would set on dry damp hair and then airdrying. The curl was amazingly smooth this morning. I would like to know if there are any techniques to get more tension with flexi rods because my ng was not phased by the flexi rod.

Im in this no heat challenge right now so I'm trying to stay away from heat as much as possible.

Back