Help me with a regime for my aunts shedding damaged hair..

Blaque*Angel

OK, My aunts hair has recently began shedding and breaking.

she used to go to the salon weekly but has lost her job due to severe arthiritis and cannot afford the salon any more.

i've put her on MSM that seems to be helping her skin and joints and i now would like to help her with her hair, she used to have really nice healthy hair and i would like for her to re achieve that.

i looked in her bathroom at her hair products and everything had protein in it, so i feel she needs a moisturising regime, please suggest some options to me..

i was thinking of putting her hair into kinky twists, letting her co wash daily with a moisturising poo until the shedding and breaking stops.

letting her clarify every two weeks

letting her use a daily moisturising water based moisturiser?

i'm confused :confused: lol please help :rosebud:

Hi

If you do the kinky twists for her she can co wash once a week. Make a spray for her of Glycerine, Aloe vera juice and a good creamy leave in like Salerm 21 and for that fresh growth stimulating tingle use rosemary or peppermint EO in it. That is what I use when I'm in twist. I get no breakage and my hair stays moist. I have gotten great results.

I just PMed you.

Hi

If you do the kinky twists for her she can co wash once a week. Make a spray for her of Glycerine, Aloe vera juice and a good creamy leave in like Salerm 21 and for that fresh growth stimulating tingle use rosemary or peppermint EO in it. That is what I use when I'm in twist. I get no breakage and my hair stays moist. I have gotten great results.

I just PMed you.

thank you so much for the PM dear :)
i will make her that mix today and also buy the products you recomended.

should she clarify monthly? what about protein treatments? monthly too?

regards

:rosebud:

OK, My aunts hair has recently began shedding and breaking.

she used to go to the salon weekly but has lost her job due to severe arthiritis and cannot afford the salon any more.

I don't have much to add. I am having a serious shedding/breaking issue myself and I am quite new to the Board. I am actually about to Henna my hair for the first time today in order to strengthen the strands.

I just wanted to offer my prayers for your aunt's situation...and thank you for being there for her.

I don't have much to add. I am having a serious shedding/breaking issue myself and I am quite new to the Board. I am actually about to Henna my hair for the first time today in order to strengthen the strands.

I just wanted to offer my prayers for your aunt's situation...and thank you for being there for her.

thank you for your post dear :)

good luck with your hair problems too, i hope you find something that will work for you.

:rosebud:

i'm off to the shops now oes this sound OK?
Kinky twist regime

Co wash daily with moisturising con until shedding stops! (elasta qp dpr-11)
Clarify every two weeks (eqyss poo)
Deep con twice weekly with keracare humecto

Moisturise daily with stasofro
and mix of glycerine/aloe vera juice/salerm 21 leave in/peppermint oil/rosemary oil at night before baggying and covering with silk scarf.

I recommend you clarify once a month. A heavy protein treatment every 6 weeks. When you have kinky twists I wash once a week cause they tend to slip. When I do my twists I start with about 3/4 inch braiding then start twisting.

I would also add a light protein maybe once a week followed by a moisturizing DC as well. If she does the aphogee 2 step, then start the light protein/moisturizing DC about 2 weeks after and alternate this with her regular moisturizing DC...some light ones are Nexxus Keraphix, Aphogee 2 minute, etc...

HTH

wow, mini update already :yep:

i deep conditioned my aunts hair for an hour, i used elasta qp dpr mixed with two table spoons of honey, amla and EVOO. It looked lovely all whipped up like a cake :lol:

after i applied the mix, i put a shower cap on her head.

an hour later i co washed her hair then moisturised it with stasoffro curl activator.

her hair stopped shedding :eek: was it just craving moisture?

i twisted her own hair and told her to spray it with braid spray daily and probably put curl activator in it if it feels extra dry.

Back