Help Me Pick My Haircut Please!!

Whimsy

OK girls, I made it to hip length a bit ago, and I was undecided on cutting it to donate. You all basically told me don't do it LOL, but I'm going to. Even if they don't end up using my hair.

I'm going to go short and stay short for a little while.

I'm considering cutting SUPER DUPER boy short like Chrissette Michelle:

super-short-natural.jpg

And then just letting it grow out to some other short cut...

BUT

Then I see things like this:

2533740aea71a31afeda560e562b9730.jpg

and

78dc2b2d79697c625716ce60a30f17b7.jpg

and

pinteres11.jpg

and I get confused. Knowing my face and hair type, what do you think would be the best move for me?

Help a girl out!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

And if you know any similar cuts can you plz post. I want to bring good pics to my stylist!

lol DrC cmon! gun to ur head which would u choose for me?

I like the last one. The shaven side has always been cool to me.
Question. Have you ever worn a short hairstyle before? I ask because short cuts depend on the of the face and head. Like I can't pull off a too short haircut because I will look like a male teenager lol. My head and face are entirely too big for certain short cuts.

Last edited:
Why not go for the super short one and let it grow into one of the others? Then you can have both. Your hair grows fast anyway so it won't take long.

I like the last one. The shaven side has always been cool to me.
Question. Have you ever worn a short hairstyle before? I ask because short cuts depend on the of the face and head. Like I can't pull off a too short haircut because I will look like a male teenager lol. My head and face are entirely too big for certain short cuts.

Listen. I have a man face but IMO manny faces look good with short cuts. I always feel like I'd rock a short cut well, but I haven't had my hair short since 2005 when I first donated and cut my hair myself in the bathroom. It wasn't shaved on the sides or anything It was just an even "afro" but not an afro. DrC

ETA: by man face i just mean sharp/angular, vs soft/round.

Definitely go for the haircut style (2 or 3, but I like 2 the best). So keep the front maybe like 6 inches to leave room for shrinkage (maybe a bit more). That's how I want my hair. I'm basically going to transition until my crown is long enough for a style like that.

Is your curl pattern tight enough to stand up like pictures 2 and 3? I haven't seen your hair pics in a while but from what I remember it might go down like pic #4 instead of stand up like #2 or 3

Is your curl pattern tight enough to stand up like pictures 2 and 3? I haven't seen your hair pics in a while but from what I remember it might go down like pic #4 instead of stand up like #2 or 3

I think it may stand if it's super short, but otherwise it'll start to go south. I dunno...I guess I'm gunna find out!!! :drunk:

I have haircut #2! I'm loving it! I use a leave-in conditioner mixed with oil and a tad bit of water on non wash days on damp hair to revive the curls. It's great for working out too.

ETA: Sorry for the not so good picture...I'm at work...:boredwrk:

Attachments

• image-2474350898.jpg
    image-2474350898.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
If I remember your face Whimsy, I think #2 works the best. You had a longish beautiful face and bangs will balance that out. A little bit of hair on the sides will also balance your face. You can rock than with some yummy earrings. My vote goes to #2

I have haircut #2! I'm loving it! I use a leave-in conditioner mixed with oil and a tad bit of water on non wash days on damp hair to revive the curls. It's great for working out too.

ETA: Sorry for the not so good picture...I'm at work...:boredwrk:

NOICE!!! I like your cut. Glad to hear how easy it is too!

PS: love your nails

#2. Good luck, and post pictures.

Girl don't you know I'm a picture whore? I'll post more than you want to see lol.

-----------------------------------

So I think I'm going to go with the blonde one, and let it grow out into what pic #2 looks like!!! That way I can monitor the "hang" of my hair as it grows and see what's realistic for me w/ my hair type.

*GULP*

I'm excited yall.

Thanks so much for the input.

I say go big and drastic! I like #3 for you

pinteres11.jpg

Keep in mind that sometimes short short hair requires more maintenance then long hair. At least that was my problem when my hair was 5 inches long. No more throwing it in a ponytail, which required more work to make it look perfect.

Keep in mind that sometimes short short hair requires more maintenance then long hair. At least that was my problem when my hair was 5 inches long. No more throwing it in a ponytail, which required more work to make it look perfect.

You have no idea how nervous that part makes me. BUT...i'm doin it. If it's too much maintenance I'm going to go SHORTER :)

I say number 1 (just because having it that short feels so good, free and light), then growing it out to 2 and 3. You'd look good with any of them.

My vote is to start at #2, you can always proceed through #3 and onto #1. In other words in just a few snips you can always go shorter if you'd like or when you are comfortable. HOWEVER, it's going from short (#1, #3, #2) that will require time and patience.

Back