HELP! Jazzing Gloss Clear Rinse left my hair full of white flakes...

NIN4eva

So how can I get this crap off of my scalp and out of my hair? I tried to keep it off my scalp during application (following the directions). But it must've melted down when I used heat (again, following the directions). 2 days later and now I have the product flaking off of my scalp and it looks like really bad dandruff. Gross.

I clarified twice last night with Neutrogena and washed twice with Therapee. And I DC'd without heat to keep my strands in check. Still flaking this morning. :wallbash: So how do I expedite the removal of this garbage from my scalp and hair?

I'm wondering if a dark brown rinse (not Jazzing lol) would help disguise it a bit?

I JUST got my strands back to optimum health and I really don't want to jeopardize that. Any Ideas would be appreciated! :yep:

DO NOT REDYE/RINSE YOUR HAIR!!!! STOP!!!! WAIT!!!! *holds your hands behind your back* NO!!!! lol

It seems like the rinse may have put your scalp off balance. Did you try using a lil baking soda to exfoliate the dry skin from your scalp and hair? (take a cheapie conditioner like Suave and add some Baking soda in it. Massage it into your scalp lightly) Please do not redye your hair so soon. It could cause a set back.

DO NOT REDYE/RINSE YOUR HAIR!!!! STOP!!!! WAIT!!!! *holds your hands behind your back* NO!!!! lol

It seems like the rinse may have put your scalp off balance. Did you try using a lil baking soda to exfoliate the dry skin from your scalp and hair? (take a cheapie conditioner like Suave and add some Baking soda in it. Massage it into your scalp lightly) Please do not redye your hair so soon. It could cause a set back.

Got it, Thanks boingboing!

I haven't used baking soda in my hair since I was natural. My strands are fine and I'm afraid baking soda may be too harsh for my fine relaxed strands. My hair hasn't been this healthy in a long time, but I think I may give it a shot because I can't walk around lookin' all gross.

After I finished the glossing treatment i noticed that my scalp was REALLY shiny (my hair wasn't :lachen: ), and I did find one other instance of this happening to someone when I googled this and based on that I just assumed that the flakes are excess product left on my scalp.

I would try oiling the scalp (heavy) and letting it sit with heat for about 10 minutes then keep a plastic cap on for at least an hour.

After that, I would use either a brush or comb to remove anything from the scalp and then shampoo again.

I would try oiling the scalp (heavy) and letting it sit with heat for about 10 minutes then keep a plastic cap on for at least an hour.

After that, I would use either a brush or comb to remove anything from the scalp and then shampoo again.

hmm...That sounds pretty soothing too. I see a small extra-soft toothbrush in my future. Thanks ceebee3!

I'd like to know if this works out for you. My kids grandma had an issue about a year and a half ago with a permanent hair color and she still has the flaking. I'd love to offer her some suggestions since the ones the dermatologist gave haven't helped.

I am also glad you let us know what happened I was going to purchase Jazzing clear within the next few weeks myself. I guess not!

I'd like to know if this works out for you. My kids grandma had an issue about a year and a half ago with a permanent hair color and she still has the flaking. I'd love to offer her some suggestions since the ones the dermatologist gave haven't helped.

I am also glad you let us know what happened I was going to purchase Jazzing clear within the next few weeks myself. I guess not!

I used to use this brand ALL the TIME back in the day (early 90's) they must've changed the formula or something. I will post my results this evening.

Okay, I don't think I'm completely flake free, but I think I got about 99% of it. I'm still waiting for my hair to dry from last night - I do not use heat and I moisturized like crazy because I've washed my hair like, 3 times in the past two days.

Here's what I did:

1. Place two tablespoons of baking soda with 1 cup of Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner - my 1st time using that conditioner and I'm a big fan now, tell ya why in a bit).

2. The mixture went into a plastic bottle - a bottle shaped like the developer bottles you get in home hair coloring kits. (I'm considering using this technique combined with my new Sprush to apply my relaxer next time as well)

3. Shake, Shake, Shake

4. Apply to scalp in sections and scrub. I'm not sensitive so I scrubbed really well. I tried to keep in off on my hair.

5. Once it was all applied I used both hands to massage into my scalp.

6. Rinsed the mixture out in the shower.

7. Then I decided to DC and not shampoo again, then realized I only had 1/4 cup of Nexxus Humectress left so I filled the Humectress jar with Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner and mixed it up. It felt like butter in my hair! Better than the Humectress by itself!! And smelled SO good. About 5 min.

8. I rinsed that out sprayed in my FX Tangle Out detangler/leave-in then combed through with a smaller (not super small) tooth comb. Rinsed.

9. If that weren't enough, I then conditioned with Silicon Mix Treatment. About 5 min (luxurious shine!).

10. Rinsed that out. Got out of the shower. Sprayed in my FX Tangle Out detangler/leave-in then combed through, added Kercare Setting lotion, Argan Oil and ponytail rollerset (only 2 pony's which is prob why my hair is still wet, girl was tired.)

And that's it. My hair feels this shiny, smooth and moisturized. I did use Roux Porosity Control Shampoo and Conditioner on Saturday so I think that's helping with smoothness and moisture retention.

Thanks for your help ladies! I couldn't have done this so easily without you!!

Last edited:
Back