Help! Itchy Scalp No Matter What I do!

tryn2growmyhair

I have tried everything. I would wash every two weeks, ever week, now three times a week. I would oil my scalp with jojoba or coconut oil, not oil my scalp, still my scalp itches. I also noticed just a little flaking lately but it might be because I waited 10 days while on vacation to watch my hair and this might be the residue even though I am now back to washing regularly. What could be the cause? I have been washing with Elucence Claryfing and Moisutrizing Shampoo while on vacation and am now back to CON and Keracare (I used the dry and itchy scalp and 1st lather and detangling) and conditioning with UBH conditioner. I also used LUST one time on vacation and a Karite (shea butter moisturizer) another time on vacation as moisturizers to follow the UBH. Afterwards, I put in UBH Moisturizers, oils and serums and airdry.

What is causing this and how can I stop it? I've had itching for years and I'm tired of it. My hair is growing but I want this itching to stop too.

i also think you should see a dermatologist, but one possible culprit could be the CON shampoo. it contains balsam, which can cause build up and itching. how long have you been using it? have you ever used a dandruff shampoo? a good OTC one is Nizoral.

since you don't seem to have the flaking that comes with dandruff, it seems like you're allergic to something that you're using. your dermatologist can help you get to the bottom of it...

I've learned that skin conditions originate from within the body, usually the digestive system not working properly. You mentioned having itching problems for years. How is your diet and water intake? Are you taking essential fatty acids like flaxseed oil?

Thanks for all of your responses. I will see a dermatologist about this. Also, I try to drink lots of water but it is really difficult. Thanks again for all of the advice.

adrienne0914 said:
i also think you should see a dermatologist, but one possible culprit could be the CON shampoo. it contains balsam, which can cause build up and itching. how long have you been using it? have you ever used a dandruff shampoo? a good OTC one is Nizoral.

since you don't seem to have the flaking that comes with dandruff, it seems like you're allergic to something that you're using. your dermatologist can help you get to the bottom of it...
Thanks for the info about CON. I thought that Balsam was bad for the hair? I use it every so often, but I have been using it on and off since I was little. I have used Dandruff shampoos in the past and I now have Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo. I will try and see a dermie.

I use to have really, really bad itchy scalp, so bad I was scratching my scalp in my sleep. I went to see a dermatologist, she told me she didn't see anything wrong with my scalp but she suggested I started drinking more water (I wasn't drinking water at all). I stop drinking soda and started drinking water, my scalp has stopped itching.

Have you ever tried tea tree oil, it helps to soothe and cleanse the scalp.Other things you could try would be witch hazel on your scalp,it also cleanses and soothes.Lastly, Aloe Vera gel (the plant that you get from the fruit stand)on your scalp.HTH

Tea tree is great for the itchies. I used to have an itchy scalp and flakes after washing my hair, but all that stopped when I began CO washing.

I've read in a beauty book that women who chemically treat their hair may suffer from dandruff-like symptoms but they may not have dandruff. The itching and flakiness may be a result of the harsh chemicals and hair products that are being used. Maybe you should try a more delicate shampoo and conditioner and stop using the clarifying products for a while. I tried this after doing almost everything else and it worked for me. I switched to using baby shampoo for a month, it worked.

quietstorm2832 said:
Have you ever tried tea tree oil, it helps to soothe and cleanse the scalp.Other things you could try would be witch hazel on your scalp,it also cleanses and soothes.Lastly, Aloe Vera gel (the plant that you get from the fruit stand)on your scalp.HTH
Tea tree oil really helps. I havent used it in a while. The only problem is it has a strong smell. One time when I really doused my scalp with it a friend complained about the smell - but wow my itchies were relieved.

tryn2growmyhair said:
I have tried everything. I would wash every two weeks, ever week, now three times a week. I would oil my scalp with jojoba or coconut oil, not oil my scalp, still my scalp itches. I also noticed just a little flaking lately but it might be because I waited 10 days while on vacation to watch my hair and this might be the residue even though I am now back to washing regularly. What could be the cause? I have been washing with Elucence Claryfing and Moisutrizing Shampoo while on vacation and am now back to CON and Keracare (I used the dry and itchy scalp and 1st lather and detangling) and conditioning with UBH conditioner. I also used LUST one time on vacation and a Karite (shea butter moisturizer) another time on vacation as moisturizers to follow the UBH. Afterwards, I put in UBH Moisturizers, oils and serums and airdry.

What is causing this and how can I stop it? I've had itching for years and I'm tired of it. My hair is growing but I want this itching to stop too.

I forgot to mention that in the latest case I gave myself an Emergencee treatment (luv that stuff!) and then put Lekair cholestorol in overnight. It has a lot of mineral oil in it. Maybe I wont be using this stuff in the future.

Back