HELP !!!! IT WENT FROM NICE TO EWW

NewHairWOWeave

RECONSTRUCTED REGIMINE/ CORRECTING HAIR ERROR

IN 2 MONTHS MY HAIR JUST WENT DOWNHILL. I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEN . .
I GOT A APHOGEE PROTIEN TREATMENT ONE WEEK AGO.
STARTED BACK ON MY VITAMINS AND MTK MIXED WITH OIL FOR MY SCALP. I AM THINKING ABOUT GETTING NIOXIN.
LADIES PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!......I DESPERATLY NEED SOME HELP

OLD REGGIE
Wash and set once a week or bi-weekly.
Deep conditioner: Every wash. (CON Argon Oil or whatever the salon uses)
Relax: Every 8-10 weeks
Vitamins : GNC Hair Nails and Skin Vitamins, Alter Ego Herbal Drops(after wash)
Clip Ends Every 3 months
Protien: MT mixed with oils(for my scalp) every 2-3 days, Aphogee Treatment 6-8 weeks
Moisturise: Profetiv antibreakage, Neutrogena creame

NEW RECONTRUCTED REGGIE
stretching for at least 8-10 weeks. Clipping my ends EVERY 3 months. I go to the salon 2X a month and I wash my hair at home 2X a month and DC after every wash.I moisturize daily and cover my hair at night with a silk scarf.
VITAMINS: GNC Hair Nails and Skin Vitamins, Alter Ego Herbal Drops (after wash)
SHAMPOO: VO5 Clarifying shampoo, Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter Shampoo, WEN Clensing Conditioner
CONDITIONER: KeraCare Humecto, Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner
DEEP CONDITIONER: CON ARGON OIL packets, Queen Helene Cholesterol w/EVOO, ORS Hair Mayo w/ EVOO
PROTIEN: Mega Tek mixed with oils to my scalp at least 1X a week. Aphogee Treatment 6-8 weeks
MOISTURIZE: Neutrogena Triple Crème, ORS Olive Oil Crème

Attachments

• IMG_20110809_153829.jpg
    IMG_20110809_153829.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20111130_103744.jpg
    IMG_20111130_103744.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
You are going to get a ton of responses, but no matter what please try one thing at a time.

My suggestion: Post your reggie

Questions:
1. What products are you using
2. You live in NY (me too!) , its cold here have you started protective styling? Eliminating products that dry the hair in this weather?

Sorry hun, I had a set back too :hug2:

ETA: I use the Nioxin recharging complex, I love it, works for me.

Last edited:
What did you use as a DC after the Aphogee & what is your daily moisturizer now?

Aphogee is a heavy protein, that needs a super moisturizing DC, and your using megatek - again lots of protein, need a good daily moisturizer.

You may need to start baggying to get moisture back, sounds like too much protein.

Last edited:
So sorry for you! I'm experiencing the same thing. My hair went from really nice to a hot mess. It's so dry and no products of any kind appear to be working. I'm curious as to why this is happening. Hopefully the ladies on the board will have some advice for you. Don't stress about it, they will be able to help you turn things around.

You are going to get a ton of responses, but no matter what please try one thing at a time.

My suggestion: Post your reggie

Questions:
1. What products are you using
2. You live in NY (me too!) , its cold here have you started protective styling? Eliminating products that dry the hair in this weather?

Sorry hun, I had a set back too :hug2:

ETA: I use the Nioxin recharging complex, I love it, works for me.

1. I don't use very many products I try to keep it simple. I have posted my reggie. There are most of my products. (STILL IN SEARCH OF MY STAPLES)
2. YES NY WEATHER IS ROUGH !!! I think I will get a weave for the winter. I really didnt want one but I guess I have too..
3. I HAVE THE NIOXIN IN MY AMAZON CART LOLOL

Golden75 The salon used one of there DC after the Aphogee.
I am currently looking for a great daily mousturizer. But I am using Neutogena Triple Daily Moisturizing Creme.
Baggying ?? Hmm sounds like something I may try. (Must read the thread)

klsjackson Thanks Sis!!! I have faith in these ladies.

@NewHairWOWeave - maybe they didn't use a moisturizing dc, you should ask. They may have use protein on top of protein. Hope not, but possibly. Neutrogena did nothing for me. I thought it was, but my hair was so dry by the end of the day.

I really don't have on the ground recommendations for a daily moisturizer, but there is a thread about daily moisturizers, if I find I will bump.

I think the weather here has been pretty mild, not too cold yet, so it would be hard to blame NY winters, IMO.

I would say try to incorporate moisture, protective styles for a bit, and monitor your hair.

I think the setback may be the salon - they gave me a doozy last time I went, in the form of heat damage, and inproper techniques (should've walked out, but I did tell that chick get the f outta my head, and the owner finished). Never again!

My hair used to do that all the time, I do not have a perm, but hope my technique can help. You need moisture, diet, water, vitamins, grease, and a protective style for the three months of winter.

I am talking about a plaited bun, like in Camelot where the queens twist the front of their hair going back into a pretty bun, or wear a wig with plaits underneath. Whenever you take down or put up moisturize, put a heavy moisture on the ends and seal with oil. Oil your scalp nightly in the plaits, and rub a moisturizer on the braids. Use a pomade to slick down the temple new growth if you need to.

My hair used to do that all the time, I do not have a perm, but hope my technique can help. You need moisture, diet, water, vitamins, grease, and a protective style for the three months of winter.

I am talking about a plaited bun, like in Camelot where the queens twist the front of their hair going back into a pretty bun, or wear a wig with plaits underneath. Whenever you take down or put up moisturize, put a heavy moisture on the ends and seal with oil. Oil your scalp nightly in the plaits, and rub a moisturizer on the braids. Use a pomade to slick down the temple new growth if you need to.

AHHH IM SO LOVING THIS SUGGESTION:UM HALF WIGS HERE I COME :yep:

you use too much protein.
the Aphogee
The Megatek
The Profectiv Anti-Breakage

pick one and moisturize from there on

My favorite cheap moisturizing DC is Queen Helene Cholesterol cream conditioner + EVOO. Cover with a plastic cap and keep it moving for a couple of hours.

Protein overload has always been my biggest fear. I feel like it's easier for me to fix/prevent moisture overload than it is to fix protein overload.

And ITA that those of us in colder climates need to protect our strands in order to see more retention. I keep mine under wigs, headwraps and in braid/twist extensions in the winter.

I WISH we only had 3 months of winter but here in MI, winter weather can go from Sept-May :S

GL! :)

I say cut back on the protein .....try alternating weekly or however often u wash with a moisturizing condish ...a good leave in is Giovanni or Bear Fruit...but Qhemet absolutely has the best moisturizers!!! Good luck!

Sent from my DROID3 using DROID3

shortdub78 I dont use Protien all at once I do rotate, But it may be toooo much. I am trying to fing a good moisturizer at this time to combat my protien overload.

MzSwift Thanx for your suggestion. I think I have some of that Queen Helene Cholesterol at my house, and I will try it with EVOO. (Ill try it the next time I wash)

mscece1 I sparingly use direct heat, i flat iron only if im going somewhere other than work or school and that is rare.

coyacoy I will cut back on the protien and use a good moisturixer when i find one(in the search now)

Thank You For your suggestions I am now on my search for a good moisturizer.

i use Mizani Coconut Souffle. i like it and it is really light. you only need a little. i also use a creamy leave-in (Keracare leave-in) i don't know if you have to have a license or go through a distributor to get it though.

i don't really wear protective styles, but i wrap around a silk scarf my head and tie it under my neck when it is really windy or cold outside. i live in the Chicago metro area, so i know all about rough winters. i know a lot of folks don't like to use too much oil, but i go heavy on the oils during the fall/winter season and just wash/dc every few days or so.

try deep conditioning more often too. Silk Elements Mega Silk Moisture (green/olive) i believe it's called is really good. try some hot oil/pre-poo treatments too, or a hot oil treatment/rinse before you dc.

Last edited:
Sounds like your using a lot of protein, try eliminating one of your protein treatments and replace it with a moisturizing treatment. Protein/moisture balance is important for healthy strands.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

Since you're relaxed you may want to dc with ceramides. I have been using wheat germ oil and the difference in my hair is amazing! I slather it on and massaged into the hair and scalp and then use ORS condish on top. Put on a plastic cap and sit for 20-30mins under the dryer.

Hair is smooth and well moisturized all week.

Back