HELP! I Forgot to Buy Neutralizer Shampoo

kitten73

I am here with an already mixed Affirm Moisture Plus Creme Relaxer (My beauty Supply store sells one application and) and it doesn't come with Neutralizer shampoo. I totally forgot to get some because I was so use to buying the complete kits. What do I do? I need to give myself a touch up tonight and the relaxer is already mixed. Can I just use a regular shampoo like Nexxuss Therappe and just wash it really well? Advice ladies please. I hate to throw this out and I know you can't keep it after mixing the activator in. I can't even run to a store tonight because my daughter is asleep.

kitten73 said:
I am here with an already mixed Affirm Moisture Plus Creme Relaxer (My beauty Supply store sells one application and) and it doesn't come with Neutralizer shampoo. I totally forgot to get some because I was so use to buying the complete kits. What do I do? I need to give myself a touch up tonight and the relaxer is already mixed. Can I just use a regular shampoo like Nexxuss Therappe and just wash it really well? Advice ladies please. I hate to throw this out and I know you can't keep it after mixing the activator in. I can't even run to a store tonight because my daughter is asleep.

:eek: I ABSOULTELY WOULD NOT ADVISE DOING THIS!! You NEED neutralizing shampoo. You can put mixed relaxer in the refrigerator and it won't go bad for months. Dont touch up until you buy some neutralizing shampoo! you will be sorry! HTH :)

I think if you relax tomorrow after you've purchased neutralizing shampoo, you'll be OK. You NEED the neutralizing shampoo.

Actually don't quote me on the keeping the relaxer in the refrigerater "for months" part....I heard that a while ago and I would like to be better assured that it was from a reliable source. But I to know that the relaxer won't go bad by tommorow. The bottom line....dont relax with out neutralizing shampoo period. you need the shampoo to restore the ph of your hair so that the relaxer does not continue to chemically process your hair. :D

best to hightail it to Walgreens or CVS and get some ISOPLUS neutralizing shampoo (most of them sell it)

There are things that can help to bring the PH down on your hair like a low PH conditioner, but seriously I would put that relaxer in the fridge and wait until I had the necessary stuff onhand.

Not saying you CAN'T just use regular shampoo, as there are some out there that can do it and don't suffer from it, but I know I wouldn't be going that route.

HTH

-A

Arcadian said:
best to hightail it to Walgreens or CVS and get some ISOPLUS neutralizing shampoo (most of them sell it)

There are things that can help to bring the PH down on your hair like a low PH conditioner, but seriously I would put that relaxer in the fridge and wait until I had the necessary stuff onhand.

Not saying you CAN'T just use regular shampoo, as there are some out there that can do it and don't suffer from it, but I know I wouldn't be going that route.

HTH

-A

I agree, go to CVS or some type of pharmacy to get a cheapie neutralizer

Arcadian said:

-A

Or even Wal-Mart if you have one nearby. I got my Isoplus neutralizer from there. Since your relaxer is already mixed, you need your neutralizing poo today:) .

Lkaysgirl said:
Or even Wal-Mart if you have one nearby. I got my Isoplus neutralizer from there. Since your relaxer is already mixed, you need your neutralizing poo today:) .

Oh yea thats right! How could I forget Wallyworld?:lol:

-A

Ladies, thank you so very much for all your words of wisdom. I called a girlfriend across the street and she had some. I ran over and got it and I am now touched up! I will get a noce large bottle and just keep it in my closet. I do all my freinds hair so I end up using up my products on them when they forget theirs and I always forget to replenish.

Back