Help!!! I am taking my braids out

Sade

I need help because I am taking my braids out after three months and I don't have the first clue about what to do after I take out my braids. Can someone please tell me what next. I know I have to wash the hair but there are so much new growth I am worried that my hair will break during the wash.

Thanks

Sade

Please, please, please detangle your hair before you let any water touch it! Pppplllleeeeaaassseee!!!!!!! Else you will end up with a tangled, matted mess! I speak from personal experience!

First detangle with your fingers, making sure the strands aren't interlocking with one another. Then comb, comb, comb!!!! I don't know what kind of braids you have, but please work one braid at a time regardless.

Something that I just learned (from my beautician no less, I don't know why the ***** didn't tell me this when she first started braiding my hair 3 years ago!!!!) drench your hair in conditioner and either keep it on over night or several hours. That was the best thing I did and I did not get one single knot or matted section once I washed my hair. I just used some extra conditioner I had on hand not my good expensive stuff though.

Some of the ladies on the board talk about using a spray called Unbraid something or other but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. It is supposed to make taking done braids easier, they just slide right off. Me, I just unbraid.

I Usually Spray Unbraid Spray On And Then Remove The Braids. I Then Separate Very Carefully .

By The Way When You Put Lots Of Conditioner On The Hair Is It Before Or After You Remove The Braids?

Thanks so much ladies for your advice I am almost done with taking out the braids. I know one thing I will never get Micro braids... it takes too long to put in and take out.... my hair also broke. All that work I did growing my hair now I have to start over again. :sign:

ok my hair is a tangled mess!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help! When I took out my braids I combed each section then divided the my hair into four sections and combed each section. Once I did this I still had each hair braided in four sections then I got in the shower and poured a conditiontioner in my hair to prevent me hair from tangling. Well it all went hell in a hen basket when I started shampoo my hair became a tangled mess. I was able to get my hair into a pont tail at the top of my head I went to sleep but my hair is still a tangled mess. I am really devastated

SADE---Girl that is how I am sitting at work right now with a tangled mess in the middle of this nappy looking ponytail I didn't get thru taking my braids down until 2:30 am this morning and I did the comb each section and lots of conditioner but as soon as I washed it and condition tried to comb it out it is A MESS I am at work looking like a fool I keep asking my boss can I go home b/c my hair is NAPPY lol.......and he keeps saying no I just keep looking in the mirror scaared when I go home what am I going to do SOMEONE HELP US TANGLED HAIR CHICKS OUT...........

While wearing braids you are supposed to use braid spray so whenever you take down your braids it will be easier because it will be conditioned.

Girl, I am sooooo sorry. My hair was a tangled mess after relaxing. I used the Tangle Tamer with a lot of conditioner to help me work through the tangles. You can find it at Walgreens. HTH

caramelty said:
SADE---Girl that is how I am sitting at work right now with a tangled mess in the middle of this nappy looking ponytail I didn't get thru taking my braids down until 2:30 am this morning and I did the comb each section and lots of conditioner but as soon as I washed it and condition tried to comb it out it is A MESS I am at work looking like a fool I keep asking my boss can I go home b/c my hair is NAPPY lol.......and he keeps saying no I just keep looking in the mirror scaared when I go home what am I going to do SOMEONE HELP US TANGLED HAIR CHICKS OUT...........

Hey cynimon I used braid spray with tea tree oil and peppermint and I used WGO my hair stayed moisturized I dont know what happened maybe b/c I have thick 4b hair and my relaxer is at week 12

cyninmon123 said:
While wearing braids you are supposed to use braid spray so whenever you take down your braids it will be easier because it will be conditioned.

Nataliedgirl is what is the Tangle Tamer is it on Walgreens website I need to get this asap if it works

nevermind I found it is this it? http://www.tangle-tamer.com/works/
natalied said:
Girl, I am sooooo sorry. My hair was a tangled mess after relaxing. I used the Tangle Tamer with a lot of conditioner to help me work through the tangles. You can find it at Walgreens. HTH

Last edited:
Sade said:
ok my hair is a tangled mess!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help! When I took out my braids I combed each section then divided the my hair into four sections and combed each section. Once I did this I still had each hair braided in four sections then I got in the shower and poured a conditiontioner in my hair to prevent me hair from tangling. Well it all went hell in a hen basket when I started shampoo my hair became a tangled mess. I was able to get my hair into a pont tail at the top of my head I went to sleep but my hair is still a tangled mess. I am really devastated

Stay so fro kept my hair very moist when I had mircro braids (while pregnant) last summer. It also helped them slip right out and I had no problems what so ever.

Did you use a detangler in the shower??? This is very important. I would have used prior to using the conditioner. You should also use a detangling shampoo.

Can you section your hair and work with each section. Pantene has a spray detangler that a lot of ladies like here...I would soak it and start detangling very very carefully even if the sections were one inch.....

Good luck!!

Hopefully some of the ladies can help.

Thanks ladies for all your help. I just finished untangling my hair Finally..WOW.... needless to say I lost a lot of hair but that is ok though. I will never ever get micro braids what was I think? I am greatful for all your help. Thanks

Sade

This is why I get tree braids now! I love the look of micros but I hate the amount of time it takes to get them out and the amount of hair I lose!

Sade said:
Thanks ladies for all your help. I just finished untangling my hair Finally..WOW.... needless to say I lost a lot of hair but that is ok though. I will never ever get micro braids what was I think? I am greatful for all your help. Thanks

Sade

Back