HELP!!!! Hair stopped growing, Edges/Hairline Gone!!

KizzieNapps

Ok, so I am seeking out help for my sister not for me. She just had a baby and also just got out of the military. She's been wearing wigs since she got pregnant (about 15 months now) and her hairline is gone because of the combs underneath the wig and I'm sure that wig cap is doing nothing for her hair. I am not so much worried that she has lost hair but that her hair is NOT GROWING!! She hasn't had a relaxer in a few months and when I put my fingers through her hair I could barely feel any newgrowth. Does anyone know what to do??? Her scalp was flaking and she said her scalp scabs easily so obviously this is a scalp issue but How do you correct this??? Also she has been under a lot of stress and her eating habits are not so good. Here's what she has been doing with her hair.

Wash once a week with ORS shampoo (She has NEVER clarified)
Conditions once a week with Motions Conditioner
GREASES scalp(AAAAH!!!!) with Blue Magic

She only leaves conditioner on for 15 mins and considers this to be deep conditioning.

She has stopped using heat

She does sleep with a satin scarf or bonnet at night

She is relaxed probably 4b hair and is considering going natural.

I feel so bad guys because I have been absorbing all this info from LHCF and my sister has been thousands of miles away torturing her hair!!! Please HELP!! I gave her some of my poos and conditioners to try and also some Essential oils and told her to THROW out that Blue Magic grease. Set her up with a good clarifier. But what can we do to get her hair to start growing and get her scalp healthy (Does she need to see a dermatologist)?

What hairstlyes can she wear to cover up her hairline but not damage her edges any further. I have some ouchless headbands I can give her but I'm not sure if these are safe...they still pull on the hairline right??

PLEASE HELP LHCF!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's situation. Praying for complete healing and hair restoration!

In Jesus' name. Amen.

she should try growth aids for her hair line. Deep con longer with heat. STOP using blue magic and start using sulfur 8 if she was to oil her scalp. I sounds like she has alot of build up on her scalp she should clarify. Stop wearing wigs and start wearing a pony with a swoop to cover the hair line
HTH Im sorry this happen!

oh yeah kizzie i had dry flaky scalp also. When I started using BT it stopped because sulfur helps wih dry scalp.

Tell her to
1) Drink alot of water
2) Get atleast or more than 40grams of protein a day
3) Eat healthy, veggies and fruit, cut down on sugar/refined food
4)Take MSM, biotin, and perhaps some amino acids
5) do scalp massages with essential oils diluted in a carrier oil
6) Take a multivitamin.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah kizzie i had dry flaky scalp also. When I started using BT it stopped because sulfur helps wih dry scalp.

Ok, I didn't know sulfur helps with flaking but I did give her a growth aid that has sulfur in it so hopefully that will help it. Thank you!!

Yeah, especially with the pregnancy, it could be stress also.

This was my thinking too. She's had so much going on at once, being in Iraq, newly married, baby, poor eating habits. There is probably more internal damage than anything she has been doing from the outside in. I will definitely suggest this to her.

It sounds like she maybe having postpartum shedding. My advice is for her to:

-maybe switch to a full wig without the combs, braid her hair under the wig and use a satin doo rag
-only wear her wig 3 days a week, if it all
-scalp massages daily
-take her prenatals
-make sure she gets at least 80 oz of water, especially when taking vitamins
-eat her veggies or get some green smoothies or even super green tablets or powder
-get some rest
- less manipulation of her as possible
-stretch her relaxer a few extra weeks
- dont brush or comb sides, advise her to do a swoop bang to hide sides.

Tell her to
1) Drink alot of water
2) Get atleast or more than 40grams of protein a day
3) Eat healthy, veggies and fruit, cut down on sugar/refined food
4)Take MSM, biotin, and perhaps some amino acids
5) do scalp massages with essential oils diluted in a carrier oil
6) Take a multivitamin.
General question- Which type of protein is best for hair growth: soy or whey?

She can try massaging her edges with olive oil or tea tree oil. Also, using a good leave in conditioner and airdrying. Another good oil is coconut oil!! Tell her to deep condition under a hooded hair dryer for like 30 to 45 mins.

Last edited:
Back