Help for my summer stretch !

graidin

Ok girls. I should first admit that i have tried to make a search but there are too many threads to look in that i did not find the answer i was looking for :blush:...
Actually my plan is to let my hair free during summer time (after few months of sew ins and braids) but i do not want to relax. (I am not transitioning, i just want to stretch a bit longer). I would like to rock rollerset, braid out and pressed hair from time to time.
I was wondering if you could help me finding the right products/ the tips to tame my new growths to make them more manageable ? I am deep conditionning every week and i really like the effects on my hair.
Please help me to fight the temptation of relaxer !!!:grin:

Congratulations::grin:

It's a good decision that you have decided to Stretch for the Summer and give your Hair a "rest." I would make sure that I am keeping up with my DC Treatments, using a good moisturizing daily conditioner, to keep my New Growth Super Moisturized and not manipulating my hair too much with combing/brushing/styling the further you get into your stretch. Just try to be super gentle on your hair. And Co-Washing Helps as well to keep your Hair Moisturized as the weeks roll on.:yep:

Keep your Protein & Moisture in Balance. Make sure you have Good Products of Both Protein & Moisture on Hand. And Listen to what your hair needs.:look:

And for your Presses -- Try to use low heat and also a Heat Protectant.

My First Stretch in a long time was 14 weeks. And these things helped me tremendously.:yep:

I am now stretching for 12-13 weeks, trying to limit my Relaxers to no more that 3-4 times a year. Perhaps as my Hair gets longer I will be able to just relax 2-3 times a year.

Hope This Helps

Congratulations::grin:

It's a good decision that you have decided to Stretch for the Summer and give your Hair a "rest." I would make sure that I am keeping up with my DC Treatments, using a good moisturizing daily conditioner, to keep my New Growth Super Moisturized and not manipulating my hair too much with combing/brushing/styling the further you get into your stretch. Just try to be super gentle on your hair. And Co-Washing Helps as well to keep your Hair Moisturized as the weeks roll on.:yep:

Keep your Protein & Moisture in Balance. Make sure you have Good Products of Both Protein & Moisture on Hand. And Listen to what your hair needs.:look:

And for your Presses -- Try to use low heat and also a Heat Protectant.

My First Stretch in a long time was 14 weeks. And these things helped me tremendously.:yep:

I am now stretching for 12-13 weeks, trying to limit my Relaxers to no more that 3-4 times a year. Perhaps as my Hair gets longer I will be able to just relax 2-3 times a year.

Hope This Helps

I agree.:yep: A Heat Protectant that really helps keep my NG from reverting is Sabino Moisture Block.

I am transitioning (14 months post) and I do braid outs and twist outs every week. When I do, I use a half dollar amount of a light organic conditioner (I use my neighborhood market's store brand, but something similar would be Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or Giovanni 50/50, etc.). Then I seal with coconut oil, followed by pure shea butter on my ends. I always braid from the root (i.e. cornrows) or start my twists as close as possible to the scalp to "contain" and manage my NG.

When I rollerset, I still use the light organic conditioner all over followed by the SMB and then I rollerset. I flat iron the roots only when I take the rollerset down and pin curl at night. I usually don't do the rollersets int he summer, though, mostly braidouts and twist outs...HTH

Hi, I'm not transitioning but I am stretching. I'm currently I don't know about 6mths and a week or so post, planning to relax in Sept. I am usually in twist outs, braid outs and flexi rod sets. I pretty much do the same thing for each style:
co wash (usually AM or V05)
DC (Kera Care Humecto is my fav, but Yes to Carrots is creeping up)
Rinse, apply 100% Aloe Vera Juice via applicator bottle to my NG
Add Paul Mitchell The Conditioner (leave-in)
section hair and do 6-8 flat twists(twistout), plats(braid out, i can't braid), or flexi rod set my hair then air dry.
I just started doing twist outs on 80-85% airdried hair instead of wet hair and the difference in the definition amazing.

When I first started I used Sylver2's tutorial, it helped me tremendously. I had to play around w/ different products and techniques to see what would work for me, building off what I learned from her.
http://public.fotki.com/sylver2/2008/braidout/
http://www.youtube.com/user/sylver2

HTH

Last edited:
Silk Elements Moisturizing poo and conditioner really helped me with my last stretch, it made the new growth very manageable and soft.

I stretch on and off too during the year. give it a try it's cheap.

Giovanni Deep Moisture helps me a whooole lot....A homemade moisture spritz might help too.

Silk Elements Moisturizing poo and conditioner really helped me with my last stretch, it made the new growth very manageable and soft.

I stretch on and off too during the year. give it a try it's cheap.

Are you talking about the Luxury moisturizing conditioner? I went to sally's yesterday the cashier told me to try it. She practically begged cause she uses it too. I bought the 99 cent packet. I came home and washed my hair felt :lick::lick: so soft. It detangled in less than a minute and no shedding. I was in shock.

Back