Help for my Baby Cousin's Hair!

KiSseS03

Well.. she's not a baby, but she's MY baby lol.

My cousin is five years old with beautiful curly waist length (on a five year old) hair. Her hair has a fairly loose curl pattern and no one in our family is really used to dealing with it. I'm not that great at typing but I'd say it's probably a 3b. It's also fine.

At this point my Aunt usually puts it in one or two braids after she washes it (once a week), and re-does the braids pretty much daily. The main problem is dry ends, and finding a product that helps with fly aways without weighing the hair down.

Any suggestions?

KiSseS03 said:

My cousin is five years old with beautiful curly waist length (on a five year old) hair. Her hair has a fairly loose curl pattern and no one in our family is really used to dealing with it. I'm not that great at typing but I'd say it's probably a 3b. It's also fine.

At this point my Aunt usually puts it in one or two braids after she washes it (once a week), and re-does the braids pretty much daily. The main problem is dry ends, and finding a product that helps with fly aways without weighing the hair down.

Any suggestions?
Just a touch of grape seed oil on the ends.... It is very light, or some jojoba oil. It is not greasy.(jojoba). Put it on the last 2 inches of her hair 2x a week or after each rinse or shampoo. Hope this helps. bonjour

KiSseS03 said:

Any suggestions?

For the ends, try coating them with conditioner 5-10mins before washing and using just a touch of thicker creme in the ends. You can try sunsilk 24/7 leave in creme, the hydra one in the pink bottle on the ends as well. I love the stuff and it helps moisturize my hair and is cheap too. For the fly aways, I use the dark and lovely line for kids, I think it is beautiful beginnings of something like that. They have a hairline cream that has coconut oil in it and it works wonderful. It has a honey like consistency but a little goes a long way. You can find both of these products at Kmart for 3-4 bucks a piece.

My Fiance has hair about that texture. I have him using the Dove Moisture spray in the blue bottle.

He gets the best results when his hair is wet and he sprays the ends. They stay moist and curly and no flyaways.

she should precondish her hair everytime prior to shampooing. use a moisturizing shampoo, followed by a good condish. on the ends she can use jojoba, coconut oil, or even S-Curl w/some natural hairdress. :D

I forgot I posted this! Thanks for the suggestions :) We're trying out a light spray conditioner, the Dove one sounds good!

Back