HELP! Clairol textures & tones or Clairol natural instincts

Auburn

....I already did a search

I have the average very dark brown but BLACK looking hair. Has anyone used these products to get a lighter color like chocolate brown, blond, burgundy, etc?

I'm not sure on the Natural Instincts, but I've done the T&T to get (Honey Blonde and Red Hot Red). Like you, my hair looked black, but upon closer inspection is really a very, and I mean VERY, dark brown. For me, rather than using the 20 volume developer that comes in the box, I purchased a separate developer at 30 volume and use that instead.

I haven't used T&T, and I only used Natural Instincts to dye my hair black. It's the only dye that didn't leave my hair feeling like straw. The ColorSeal conditioner that comes with it is just fabulous :love:

I haven't used it to lighten I use the silken black, I have been thinking about trying a brown color as well because the chocolate browns in hot for the summer, however if you have very dark hair you may need to lighten your hair in order to get a chocolate brown hair color. So beware if you have relaxed hair.

But yeah I love the clairol tt my hair feels normal not like carpet as with a few other colors and rinses.

I use clairol TT.

Stupid walmart didnt have the colors I wanted in T&T so I have natural instincts now. :wallbash:

I did a strand test....:nono:
sigh.

I clarified my hair. I will try again.

I haven't used T&T, and I only used Natural Instincts to dye my hair black. It's the only dye that didn't leave my hair feeling like straw. The ColorSeal conditioner that comes with it is just fabulous :love:

I agree that condish is the bomb!

Sigh, nothing but FAIL ladies :(
I have extremely low porosity.
Sorry I couldn't give yall results.

Natural Instincts is semi-permanent. It doesn't "lift" the color, i.e. lighten. You need a permanent hair color like T&T, Dark & Lovely, Feria, etc.

Natural Instincts is semi-permanent. It doesn't "lift" the color, i.e. lighten. You need a permanent hair color like T&T, Dark & Lovely, Feria, etc.

Thank you for the info. I was under the impression that semi permanent had a small amount of peroxide in it. I originally went to walmart to get T&T but they didnt have my shade so I thought NI would be okay. Oh well, $17 gone. More $$$ to go. I wonder how long I should wait...
:yawn:

there goes my hair mistake of the year

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. I was under the impression that semi permanent had a small amount of peroxide in it. I originally went to walmart to get T&T but they didnt have my shade so I thought NI would be okay. Oh well, $17 gone. More $$$ to go. I wonder how long I should wait...
:yawn:

there goes my hair mistake of the year

They do, but it's only enough to deposit the color, not enough to lighten, especially on really dark, virgin (relaxer free, non-previously lightened) hair. Try again in a couple weeks! :spinning:

They do, but it's only enough to deposit the color, not enough to lighten, especially on really dark, virgin (relaxer free, non-previously lightened) hair. Try again in a couple weeks! :spinning:

I committed a hair sin and highlighted today! No wait for me.

Back