Help Breakage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RabiaElaine

I have been co-washing every 2-3 days and wearing my hair in protective styles, and drying my hair in the ponytail method for about 3 weeks now.

I noticed that the front left corner of my hair appears shorter that right, it seems to be breaking off. I'm not sure what is causing this. And it seems strange that one side breaking and the other is not. I have also been surging every couple of days, I however, am not exerperiencing weird breakage anywhere else.

What should I do? Please help. I'm about to wash my hair now, I am thinking about using some Nexxus Emergency, please let me know if this is the right thing to do. Has anyone else experienced this?

Since you've been using Surge, which has protein, I wouldn't use Nexxus Emergency or any heavy duty protein treatments right now. Too much protein can cause breakage and make the problem worse. I think you should avoid protein for now and concentrate on moisturizing treatments and/or hot oil treatments (castor oil is great for nourishing the hair back to health). Then maybe slowly introduce mild protein treatments with something like Aubrey Organics GPB.

when i do my co washes daily, i always remember to still moisturize. even though you are doing the co washes, maybe your hair just needs more moisture(especially since the surge is protein and protein dries the hair)

I've been thinking about it (intensely). I sleep on that side of my head. I always have my hair covered, but it has fallen off a few times. Perhaps when I sleep on that side it causes my hair to break, when my scarf falls off.

Has anyone experienced this?

I think maybe the breakage was caused by me primarily sleeping on that side. My scarf has fallen off a couple of times since I started sleeping with my hair in a ponytail. Perhaps my head rubbing against the pillowcase has caused this to happen on this side.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Oh, I see. In that case, wearing a silk scarf and/or sleeping on satin pillowcases should solve the problem.

[ QUOTE ]
Tee said:
Oh, I see. In that case, wearing a silk scarf and/or sleeping on satin pillowcases should solve the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Tee, I'm going to go and get some satin pillowcases right now. That should help to fend off any more breakage.

Do you think it's all right to do a protein treatment now, that we think it wasn't the surge. I have Ememrgency, Keraphix, and Aubrey GPB.

Let me know thanks.

I don't know, RabiaElaine. Aubrey GPB and Keraphix, which I believe is pretty mild for a protein treatment, should be alright. But, I think Emergency may be too much, unless your hair is literally snapping off before your eyes. But, I think if you're going to be doing protein treatments, you should lay off the Surge for a while.

Thanks Tee,

I think I will lay off it too for a few days, even though I've only been using it every other day or more. I will probably do a keraphix treatment.

[ QUOTE ]
RabiaElaine said:
I think maybe the breakage was caused by me primarily sleeping on that side. My scarf has fallen off a couple of times since I started sleeping with my hair in a ponytail. Perhaps my head rubbing against the pillowcase has caused this to happen on this side.

Has anyone else experienced this?

[/ QUOTE ]

get a silk pillow case
smile.gif
im a wild sleeper so when the scarf comes off my hair is still protected
smile.gif

do u use a leave-in conditioner too? do u have hard water? How does your hair feel after u do the conditioner washes? Maybe the C/Os are too much. I think that some people said that they couldn't do those.

Back