Help! BASK COCOA BARK

HanaKuroi

I am afraid that my cacao bark deep conditioning hair treat might be moldy. I have used this before in the past. I just received 2 brand new jars this week. There are large black specks in it. On one jar there are specks on the side. The other one is on the top. Is this mold or poorly mixed product? How does one tell the difference? The bask site is closed for maintenance. It does contain cocoa powder. The reason I thought it was mold were the specks on the side of the jar.

I had already applied this to one section of my hair before noticing. I don't want a bacterial scalp infection. I have washed that section with a clarifier and was advised to to do an Organic Acv rinse. Is there anything else I should do?

image-1790095759.jpg

image-3988874373.jpg

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

How does it smell? Does it smell off or like mildew?

The fact that these "spots" are circles makes me think mold, too. I would think that unmixed product would be more like a swirl, not spheres. I'd keep a watch on the side of the head that you applied to product, rinsing it out was best. Maybe use a little tea tree oil in a rinse just in case.

Last edited:
prettybyrd said:
How does it smell? Does it smell off or like mildew?

It smells the way it should.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Hmmm, even though it doesn't smell different, I think you did the right thing. I use b.a.s.k. products and that stuff is too expensive to just toss.

I once had a molded product from Komaza, because I was living by the beach things would mold fast, but they replaced it, and sent me some samples of other products that are more resistant to beach weather. Hopefully, yours gets replaced as it is a very expensive product.

Back