Help!!! Anyone who knows about weaves. It an emergency.

Blue_Berry

I posted this in BHM too.

My mother did her first sew-in on my hair and it came out wonderfully. She braided my hair in regular cornrows. I'm kind of concern, because she lift the rest of my hair that was hanging from my head and sew it up on top of the cornrows. We use this technique from the Weave 101 Thread http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3/how_to_folder/basics_on_doing_a/000_0102.html Now the side of one of the braids is feeling irritating. The hair is kind of pulling at the bottom. Guys, I just want to know if this is usual or I will be fine. If not please give me the best advice you can. It really would help.

This technique is normal. My stylist used to use it all the time.

It's hard to say what you should do.

The technique is fine.

If your head is irritated, it may be that she sewed it too tight. In other words when she lifted the hair to tie it she should have given it some slack because once the thread is applied, the stitch automatically makes it tighter anyways.

Hving said that, usually the first night my head is a little "annoyed" by the sew in. I take a Tylenol and go to bed. I am always fine in the AM.

If it is still sore or pulling in the morning you may have to take it out. Don't risk damage from a weave that may be too tight.

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

Yes I believe this is a normal process. If the pulling is really bothering you, I would suggesting wetting the hair underneath to loosen it up a bit. This may realize some of the tension.

Yeah that's normal. The girl that does my sew-ins always sew my left over braided hair into the cornrows. Like the ladies stated it's more than likely irritated because of the tightness from the sewing. The hair is already pulled from the braiding and then pulled again when having the hair put in. My head is always a little sore or tight feeling the day I get my sew-in done but usually the next day I'm fine and my scalp is a little less tight. There are some braid sprays made by African Pride I belive that says they help loosen the scalp and I think ORS has something like that as well for braids.

I posted this answer on your thread in bhm. Try wetting your hair to loosen up your braids nd if it doesn't loosen up in a couple of days, you might have to unistall your weave.

I also agree that spritzing some braid spray, or even just a little rosewater on your braids only, may help too.

Either way, you should feel better today. I have never been in "pain" after a weave. Just mild discomfort sometimes that goes away after a few hours at the most.

How do you feel today?

This technique is normal. My stylist used to use it all the time.

It's hard to say what you should do.

The technique is fine.

If your head is irritated, it may be that she sewed it too tight. In other words when she lifted the hair to tie it she should have given it some slack because once the thread is applied, the stitch automatically makes it tighter anyways.

Hving said that, usually the first night my head is a little "annoyed" by the sew in. I take a Tylenol and go to bed. I am always fine in the AM.

If it is still sore or pulling in the morning you may have to take it out. Don't risk damage from a weave that may be too tight.

I could not have said it better. Since your mom did your install, it wouldn't cost you anything to reinstall the hair but not too tight. I do my own self installs and usually the first day it's tight. But the next day it loosens up a bit. Now don't let your mom reinstall it slack because the style won't last (if that makes sense).

If you plan on re-installing the weave I would suggest that you
wait a few days until the soreness goes away.

I also agree that spritzing some braid spray, or even just a little rosewater on your braids only, may help too.

Either way, you should feel better today. I have never been in "pain" after a weave. Just mild discomfort sometimes that goes away after a few hours at the most.

How do you feel today?

I feel a little better today. I been spraying my hair last night with my Taliah Waajid spray and I am spraying my braids right this moment. It helped the irritation a little bit. The pulling didn't hurt like it did last night.Thanks everybody for the advice. I was really scared I might lose my hair.

Glad u feel better. Next time you may want to use a net. It will keep you from feeling so much tension on your scalp. Meanwhile, no more tight weaves. A stylist needs to be careful that they aren't "stitching" too tight. When they pull the thread they shouldn't pull it tight like they are sewing pants. Know what I mean? Lol!

Good luck:)

Back