****HELP**** Any 26+ Week Stretchers???

Highly Favored8

Hi every one,:yep:

Well, I just found out today that I am stretching my relaxed hair until March 21, 2009 :blush::yep:

So my questions are

How do you baby the new growth?

By Stretching every 6 months does a person gain a good amount of growth?

What to watch out for while stretching?

I relaxed every 12 -16 weeks in 2008.

My last relaxer was 9-16-08, I had a blunt cut so I went from full APL back to SL gained some growth.

Advice Please:yep:

Thank you!

I did this my 1st year and stopped, my hair starts break at the demaraction line. I think you should work ya way up instead of jumping into 26 weeks. But CFCG or S-Curl on it like 2x a day.

I just finished my 6 month strech this past tuesday. The 1st three months were fine. I co-washed twice a week and deep conditioned twice the week and it made the new growth so easy to manage. By the 5 month it was a harder to deal wit and I could only wash 1 a week and dc 1 a week, due to how long it would take to detangle. I found the Cream of Nature mosturizing shampoo, works miracles in my hair. It helped so much my last month. Usually by month 5 shampoo and I dont get along. However, Creme of nature made my new growth soft and easy to untangle and comb. I would also recommend protective syles. I lived in my half wig or bun. as long as you keep the hair mosturized you should be fine and dont expect or try to get the new growth comptely stright. Tie a scarf on those edges to get them to lay down or cover with a headband.

Here is my 6 month comparison.

May 17 to Nov. 18
6monthcomparison-vi.jpg

Last edited:
WOW, Thank you Ladies

I have no choice in this matter I have to stretch:yep:.

B/C my stylists is booked up and I kept on wanting to do 6 months for a while:yep:.

If it is successful then

I will only relax in March and September 2009:yep:

I just finished my 6 month strech this past tuesday. The 1st three months were fine. I co-washed twice a week and deep conditioned twice the week and it made the new growth so easy to manage. By the 5 month it was a harder to deal wit and I could only wash 1 a week and dc 1 a week, due to how long it would take to detangle. I found the Cream of Nature mosturizing shampoo, works miracles in my hair. It helped so much my last month. Usually by month 5 shampoo and I dont get along. However, Creme of nature made my new growth soft and easy to untangle and comb. I would also recommend protective syles. I lived in my half wig or bun. as long as you keep the hair mosturized you should be fine and dont expect or try to get the new growth comptely stright. Tie a scarf on those edges to get them to lay down or cover with a headband.

Here is my 6 month comparison.

May 17 to Nov. 18
6monthcomparison-vi.jpg

Thank You for the Advice and I love the NG WOW, That is a lot of NG Very nice.

I hope it works well for you. Can you get braids or something when it gets bad, major just some close together cornrolls?

Thank You for the Advice and I love the NG WOW, That is a lot of NG Very nice.

UR welcom and thanks...Like Haven06, I would recommend that after the 3 month mark that it would be a good idea to get braids. I didnt do braids this past strecth but I usually do and next time I think I will, only because it can get kind of hard to deal with.

HTH and good luck with the strecth. Your hair will love you for it!

I did this a few times.
Honestly, it really isnt difficult for me to do at all. I usually co wash and put it in a bun or ponytail. I think keeping it well moisturized is what makes it easy. The hardest part for me is that the styles get boring after a while.

I did this a few times.
Honestly, it really isnt difficult for me to do at all. I usually co wash and put it in a bun or ponytail. I think keeping it well moisturized is what makes it easy. The hardest part for me is that the styles get boring after a while.

Totally agree with the bolded part - and I only went 4 months.

The best moisturizer I found for making the NG manageable was aloe vera juice and glycerin; mix them in a spray bottle and spritz the NG. It kept it soft and controllable. Spraying with that and tying down with a scarf prevented poofiness.

I gave up using my Megatek because I was doing minimal combing and didn't want to manipulate the NG daily to get to my scalp.

wow... I have something to look forward to one day! I am stretching for the 1st time ever right now, I am on my 10th week relaxing @ 12!

I have successfully stretched for 26+ weeks only with a sew-in and braids. I attempted a stretch with my hair out and after 10-weeks it was disastrous.

I have done 2 successful 6 month+ stretches. Im on my 3rd now and I will be 20 weeks post on monday. You have to pay special attention to the line of demarcation. Low manipulation and lots of moisturizing is important. The ends and the line of demarcation. I mostly do protective styles.

Braidouts . use leave n then gel. I would only do wetsets and kept it detangled on wash day.hth

Last edited:
Back