HELP !! Air Drying Technique Needed

AtlantaJJ

I have tried air drying on a few occasions and I get to the point where I have to sit under the bonnet drier.

How do you get the newgrowth to stay tame during the air dry and
the hair in my bun stays wet for two days it seems!! How do you get around those two things.

I know its worth the trouble for me to find out beause just about every response for the 2 things that helped everyone's hair had NO HEAT as one of them.

How can I dry my hair without heat :confused: in less than 48 hours! :lol:

AtlantaJJ said:
I have tried air drying on a few occasions and I get to the point where I have to sit under the bonnet drier.

How do you get the newgrowth to stay tame during the air dry and
the hair in my bun stays wet for two days it seems!! How do you get around those two things.

I know its worth the trouble for me to find out beause just about every response for the 2 things that helped everyone's hair had NO HEAT as one of them.

How can I dry my hair without heat :confused: in less than 48 hours! :lol:
You can airdry overnight in a rollerset. This results in moisturized hair that looks blowdried.

Isis said:
You can airdry overnight in a rollerset. This results in moisturized hair that looks blowdried.

Oh Lawd!! swoons <having a flash back about sleeping on rollers back in the 80's> I'm okay, I'm okay.... I have to try new things if I want pretty long hair.... Whew.... I haven't slept on rollers since 1986!!! lololol

AtlantaJJ said:
Oh Lawd!! swoons <having a flash back about sleeping on rollers back in the 80's> I'm okay, I'm okay.... I have to try new things if I want pretty long hair.... Whew.... I haven't slept on rollers since 1986!!! lololol

:lol: I remember those days too. I havent done that since high school. But I'm sure it's worth it. Just look at Isis' hair.

I airdry in 2 ponytails. And I take the ends and criss-cross them across the top and clip them down with pins and tie a scarf on. The ends dry quickly using this method.

I'd like to try the roller method too. Isis, what type of rollers do you use?

I air dry over night with my hair pulled back in a pony, and baggie the ends. Usually in the mornings when I wake up my ends are still wet. So I get my blow dryer and put it on cool and run it through my hair for a few minutes, and throw in some small burst of warm air.

My hair still comes out smooth and moisturized and there is no breakage. So this seems to work for me.

Armyqt said:
:lol: I remember those days too. I havent done that since high school. But I'm sure it's worth it. Just look at Isis' hair.

I airdry in 2 ponytails. And I take the ends and criss-cross them across the top and clip them down with pins and tie a scarf on. The ends dry quickly using this method.

When I was rolling my hair back then, my hair was the bomb, so full and bouncey, yall are giving me ideas!!

I wouldn't mind walking around during the day with the roller set and then pin curling it at night. I've become so tender headed.... Thanks for the reminder Isis that used to really work for me !! 25 year ago! WOW!

AtlantaJJ said:
:lol: :lol: Now that was funny!!

JJ, my mom used to rollerset her hair everynight (so did I) and her hair was sooo healthy and pretty. She never used a curling iron. I may have to try this our again.

See that pic in your siggy? That used to be my signature hair style girl. The Farah Fawcett feather :lol: . I have a pic with that exact hair style but I'm too shame to post it :lachen:

Armyqt said:
JJ, my mom used to rollerset her hair everynight (so did I) and her hair was sooo healthy and pretty. She never used a curling iron. I may have to try this our again.

See that pic in your siggy? That used to be my signature hair style girl. The Farah Fawcett feather :lol: . I have a pic with that exact hair style but I'm too shame to post it :lachen:
Gerl, that was the style back in the day... no shame in my game, I had healthy hair! That was the point I'm trying to get across to myself! We used to call that style the "flipper-roo":lol:

AtlantaJJ said:
Gerl, that was the style back in the day... no shame in my game, I had healthy hair! That was the point I'm trying to get across to myself! We used to call that style the "flipper-roo":lol:

Oh no girl, it's not the hairstyle I'm ashamed about, it's the face....:eek: :lachen:

Armyqt said:

I use magnetic rollers. The giant green ones (3") I use mainly to smooth out and "straighten" my hair so I can style it. The gray ones (2.5") I use for the same reason except I may keep and wear my curls.

To sleep in these to airdry overnight, I maneuver the rollers on one side of my head as I'm rollersetting so I can sleep comfortably.;)

AtlantaJJ said:
Oh Lawd!! swoons <having a flash back about sleeping on rollers back in the 80's> I'm okay, I'm okay.... I have to try new things if I want pretty long hair.... Whew.... I haven't slept on rollers since 1986!!! lololol!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually, I wish I knew how to rollerset when I was younger...
AtlantaJJ said:
When I was rolling my hair back then, my hair was the bomb, so full and bouncey, yall are giving me ideas!!

I wouldn't mind walking around during the day with the roller set and then pin curling it at night. I've become so tender headed.... Thanks for the reminder Isis that used to really work for me !! 25 year ago! WOW!
I've been experimenting with pin curling my hair for the past month or so. If I time it right on Sunday, for example, I can wash and rollerset early in the day, airdry it all day, then take out the rollers and pincurl my hair before going to bed. It works, I just have to plan it ahead of time. :yep:

Back