Help a Newbie Out!

ASJ227

Calling all naturals and transitioners!
I'm a new transitioner, 9 weeks post relaxer, and looking to get some products to make my life easier. Today is payday :grin: , so I will be hitting up Sallys promptly tomorrow. Keep in mind that I'm on a budget, and I only get paid once a month.. gotta make it last and can't go crazy :drunk:.

So for on my list is:
Denman D3
Jilbere shower comb
shea butter
Fantasia IC aloe gel
Suave coconut shampoo/conditioner
Giovanni direct leave-in
Soft Bonnet dryer - not sure what brand yet
Flexi Rods

Ok.. that’s a bit more than expected after listing it out. Please let me know if you recommend any other essentials.. I can't imagine what my head with look like in the next month!

Thanks a bunch! HHG!

Hey girl.

I have no suggestions because I rock braid-outs ALL the time (because I can't do anything else). Just coming in to say 'Hey'

BUT this post just reminded me that I may have to pay Sally's a visit.
I didnt know they sold denman's at Sally's...

Hmm....

Calling all naturals and transitioners!
I'm a new transitioner, 9 weeks post relaxer, and looking to get some products to make my life easier. Today is payday :grin: , so I will be hitting up Sallys promptly tomorrow. Keep in mind that I'm on a budget, and I only get paid once a month.. gotta make it last and can't go crazy :drunk:.

So for on my list is:
Denman D3
Jilbere shower comb
shea butter
Fantasia IC aloe gel
Suave coconut shampoo/conditioner
Giovanni direct leave-in
Soft Bonnet dryer - not sure what brand yet
Flexi Rods

Ok.. that’s a bit more than expected after listing it out. Please let me know if you recommend any other essentials.. I can't imagine what my head with look like in the next month!

Thanks a bunch! HHG!
good luck finding the shea butter and giovanni there...you might wanna look online for the butter and at the vitamin shoppe or whole foods for the GD. if you flat iron i would get some sabino MB but thats not at sally's either.

oh, get one of those big bottles of creme of nature. lol

Jilbere shower comb = Highly reccomended! I just got me one last week and omg im falling in love with a comb! Little to no breakage left on the comb! Make sure you pick one up seeing that it's already on your list :grin:

OK.. got off early and decided to swing by Sally's ahead of schedule. I just picked up the Jilbere and the Denman.. and Fantasia IC gel. I looked at the Flexi Rods and said daaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmnnnnnn.. 50 bucks for rollers. I may have to re-think that for now. The soft bonnetts were not cheap either. I plan on going to a local flea market that sells the raw shea butter.. and looking online for the oils.

Thanks for the suggestions.. let me know if anything else comes to mind!:grin::grin:

OK.. got off early and decided to swing by Sally's ahead of schedule. I just picked up the Jilbere and the Denman.. and Fantasia IC gel. I looked at the Flexi Rods and said daaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmnnnnnn.. 50 bucks for rollers. I may have to re-think that for now. The soft bonnetts were not cheap either. I plan on going to a local flea market that sells the raw shea butter.. and looking online for the oils.

Thanks for the suggestions.. let me know if anything else comes to mind!:grin::grin:
lol i see we had the same reaction. i bought perm rods and magnetic rollers...

If you want to save money, buy the flexirods on ebay (unless you need them immediately). You can get a whole grip for about $20 instead of paying $5 per pack at sallys. The ebay buyer is duis6763. I am not associated in any way with that buyer. They have an auction for the rods every 2-3 days so just wait for the next one if people bid up the price.

If you want to save money, buy the flexirods on ebay (unless you need them immediately). You can get a whole grip for about $20 instead of paying $5 per pack at sallys. The ebay buyer is duis6763. I am not associated in any way with that buyer. They have an auction for the rods every 2-3 days so just wait for the next one if people bid up the price.

I actually went on Ebay last night and got 6 packs with shipping for 25.00! :grin: Sally's was asking for 8.00/pack.. what the hell??? I think e-bay and the interent might be my best friend when it comes to hair supplies. Thank you all for your help!

Back