Help! 1 down & 1 to go

diamondlady

I had two problems recently. All of sudden, I started having a lot of breakage. I used Nexxus emergencee, and it lessened but was still breaking. I could barely comb my hair. (With a wide tooth, seamless comb) Then I tried Aphogee treatment. Hated the smell, and the hard hair but the breakage stopped completely. (definitely worth the inconvenience.)

Now I need help to stop excess shedding. I know there has probably been a thread on it, I did a search but there were too many. What do I use?? I'm 5-weeks post relaxer and I have gone as many as 13-weeks without this problem in the past. Please somebody, anybody, suggestions?

Diamondlady~

I'm sorry to read that you've been experiencing so many hair challenges. When I first came to the hairboards, my hair was shedding to the point that I couldn't put a barrette in my hair because it would fall out! Yes, that bad. And what wasn't shedding was breaking off at the ends. My hair was a serious mess.

The solution? MSM powder. Thanks to Tebby, who's a member here and at BHCAB on Yahoo, I started taking MSM powder from Puritan's Pride (it has its own website). That has been a God-send for me. It stopped my shedding in its tracks. I've been a fan ever since. Good luck!

Nyambura,

Thanks for your advice. I have a question, does it have to be a powder and Puritan's Pride brand? I take a 1000mg capsule of MSM everyday. The brand is Naturol.

How long before you noticed the results? From other posts, I've seen that others experience different results with different brands.

I have no idea why I'm shedding. I've never had this problem before. I've had a thyroid problem since 1995 but it never affected my hair like some others I have known.

The shedding just started for no reason or could it be Surge? That's the only thing I'm doing different.

Back