Hello there, I'm new here!

welcome Sophie, :grin:

I'm shocked that that u washed your hair with black soap! :nono:

Me too...how do you avoid dryness?

I wash mine with black soap too. I switched to using it recently. It's never dried out my hair, in fact it's the only cleanser I've used that hasn't. I do mine as a mix though. It's black soap, aloe vera gel, and a few drops of grapeseed oil. The result is clean hair that isn't dry and tangly.

welcome Sophie, :grin:

I'm shocked that that u washed your hair with black soap! :nono:

Thank you! :grin:

Me too...how do you avoid dryness?

It wasn't drying on my hair. I could actually detangle while it was in my hair too. Actually, I did get a little crunchiness but it seemed like there was protein in it? I could be wrong. The tub I got only said palm kernel oil, palm oil and water. I deep conditioned afterward though.

I wash mine with black soap too. I switched to using it recently. It's never dried out my hair, in fact it's the only cleanser I've used that hasn't. I do mine as a mix though. It's black soap, aloe vera gel, and a few drops of grapeseed oil. The result is clean hair that isn't dry and tangly.

I should try your mix sometime. Also, funny signature.

BostonMaria said:
Actually my second question was going to be why did your mom keep shaving your hair off? LOL

I was like MAAB? Ummm maybe Muslim? African American? .... Beauty?? Lol , I didn't want to sound dumb and ask.

Nice to hear that ur parents are finally letting go and letting u just be :)

Welcome to the forum, Sophie! This is a great place to learn and share info on healthy hair practices, and so much more! I'm glad that you have a safe, loving, and accepting place to call home, and I hope the other ladies on this board will be as kind to you as your friends are IRL.

Welcome to the forum, Sophie! This is a great place to learn and share info on healthy hair practices, and so much more! I'm glad that you have a safe, loving, and accepting place to call home, and I hope the other ladies on this board will be as kind to you as your friends are IRL.

Thank you! I hope we all get along great!

Back