Hello Ladies Im a Newbie/Lurker (not really)

Nappi_HeadC

hey im new well not really cuz i came on this forum about a couple of months ago but since i haven't been here in a while im sure no one remembers me but im the 15yr.old who had glued tracks in her hair and pulled all my hair about basically(well jus tha length) Now i have so more questions if you guys can hel a sista out

Well for about a month i have had micro-braids in and im taking them out 2morrow i haven't washed my hair that whole month and i have gel, spritz and all that junk piled on my hair and alot on my edges, i did this to lay it down, now im scared because i dont know if when i take the braids out my edges will come out with it because it's so brittle and hard. Alsoi have krazy glue on the ends but my sister glued them up way to close to my natural hair and i dont kno how to get this junk out. Also I dont know what to do with my hair after i take all of them out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thnx

Welcome to the LHCF.
wave.gif

Uhm...crazy glue? Next to your own hair? I say fill up some extra large water balloons and go find your sister.

You really should have washed your hair at least once if you had a lot of gel in your hair. You may or may not lose any hair from this because gel will dry out your hair. Also, if you did not put any braid spray or conditioner on your hair, it may be really dry.

When taking out your braids, expect to see a fair amount of hair comning out. This is the hair you've shed over the month, so don't freak out.

Once all of your hair is out of the braids, do some serious deep conditioning or a hot oil treatment. You may want to try ApHOGEE which can be found next to the counter at almost any beauty supply store. I would also recommend you leaving your deep conditioning treatment on for at least a half hour. And pick up a good leave-in such as Salerm 21 or Infusium 23. As for shampoo, buy a small bottle of clarifying shampoo and pick up some conditioner.

Be very gentle with your hair and the next time you get braids, don't apply a lot of gel, and try to wash your braids at least once a month, and use braid spray at least once a week to ensure that when you take your braids out, that your own hair is healthy.

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
Uhm...crazy glue? Next to your own hair? I say fill up some extra large water balloons and go find your sister.

You really should have washed your hair at least once if you had a lot of gel in your hair. You may or may not lose any hair from this because gel will dry out your hair. Also, if you did not put any braid spray or conditioner on your hair, it may be really dry.

When taking out your braids, expect to see a fair amount of hair comning out. This is the hair you've shed over the month, so don't freak out.

Once all of your hair is out of the braids, do some serious deep conditioning or a hot oil treatment. You may want to try ApHOGEE which can be found next to the counter at almost any beauty supply store. I would also recommend you leaving your deep conditioning treatment on for at least a half hour. And pick up a good leave-in such as Salerm 21 or Infusium 23. As for shampoo, buy a small bottle of clarifying shampoo and pick up some conditioner.

Be very gentle with your hair and the next time you get braids, don't apply a lot of gel, and try to wash your braids at least once a month, and use braid spray at least once a week to ensure that when you take your braids out, that your own hair is healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome! I agree with Bodacea, apply braid spray before removing them and then take them out. I would definitely do a deep conditioning treatment for at least half an hour WITH heat to make sure that it penetrates the strands. Please make sure that you remove all of the glue by washing it a few times before doing the deep conditioning treatment. Let us know how it goes!

Back