Hello and Thank you!!!

Lurkee

Hello Ladies,

I finally joined today after a year of lurking. I must admit I was quite intimated to become a member with my crappy hair a year ago. So today I decided to pay my dues and thank you all for contributing to my knowledge of caring for my hair.

I am not sure how to include pictures with the posts and insert comments so the picture in the brown shirt is me roughly a year ago and the other two were taken last weekend. My hair is very fine and not thick and I am also a slow grower but this journey for me is a life long one so I am not in too much of a hurry. Now if I am stuck at SL for 3 years then :nono:

Tis all :thankyou:

Attachments

• P1010300.JPG
    P1010300.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 113
  • P1020786.JPG
    P1020786.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 113
  • P1020782.JPG
    P1020782.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 105
Wow you've made some great progress!
I don't see you being at shoulder length for more than three years with what you've retained... :congrats:

... Oh. And Welcome!! Lol.

:welcome4:

You've already made progress, so you should not worry about getting stuck at SL.

Enjoy the journey!!!

you made some good progress, I dont think thats slow growing !!!!

and I love your name ... it made me chuckle

Good job. What did you change in your regimen in the year?

First thing I did was bye bye stylist. I have not been for a year, not even for relaxer touch-ups. I also stopped wearing micro braids and weaves. I did not know how to care for my hair under them which lead me to have a lot of breakage especially around my edges. First year was a year of trial and error for me. I hopped from one bandwagon to the other. Now my regimen moving forward is very simple

Once a week:
Wash
DC
Rollerset

If my hair feels dry, I will use a moisturiser but it is not a daily thing. I also recently added the moisture prepoo and I like it.

Thank you all :) can anyone please point me in the direction of threads showing how to upload pics and change siggies to include tickers and so on.

TIA

:hiya: welcome

I don't know where the threads are, but If you click User CP at the top, you'll see the options to be be able to upload pics and change siggies

you made some good progress, I dont think thats slow growing !!!!

and I love your name ... it made me chuckle

Same here:) Welcome. I totally hear you about wanting to get your hair in shape before posting. I've been on the board for years and have yet to do a post as nice as yours. With your growth and retention your not going to be at SL that long. HHJ

Same here:) Welcome. I totally hear you about wanting to get your hair in shape before posting. I've been on the board for years and have yet to do a post as nice as yours. With your growth and retention your not going to be at SL that long. HHJ

Thank you for the kind words. Really appreciate it. I am so glad I joined. You guys totally rock. When I try to show pictures of my hair to friends and talk hair, they are like :rolleyes: so I am very happy to come out of :peek:

:urock:

As others have said, you've made great progress. Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you decided to leave lurkdom and join us. :)

Welcome to the darkside...
you're in, girl! Welcome *officially* to the forum!
enjoy, and be patient with yourself! Wonderful hair progress!!

Back