Hello All, I have a long road ahead!LOL!

i live in london too and i got my steamer from paks, i think it was called the o2 steamer or something like that, thats the cheapest place to get one.

In terms of a leave in conditioner i would recommend the cantu range, which i think will keep your hair moisturised, which you can also get from paks.

Just remember that the first months won't necessarly give you amazing results and you might have a few set backs but once you keep at it, you'll see that everything gets easier and your hair will definately get longer.

Thanks Lizzy! I am going to check out the cantu range! I will have a look at paks website! I have just ordered a steamer and hopefully it will come tomorrow or Friday, I need to get some distilled water for it also.

I hear you on the possible setbacks, I dont have a lot to lose!Lol! If my hair was your length by this time next year I would be so happy!

Welcome aboard!!!:yep:

The ladies have given you wonderful advice! You may have a long road ahead, but you'll get through it just fine.

Welcome!

You know, you say you have a long road ahead of you... and well you may. But I'll bet it's not as long as you think. Once you've gotten the basics down, you'll have to fine tune along the way but it doesn't need to be any more complicated than you want it to be.

Some of the posters with the longest hair have the shortest regimens. My advice: stay away from bandwagons. If you can do that, you'll have an easier time reaching your goals.

WOW wow wow you and I have the exact same hair.
that being the case I really feel your pain, because I know exactly what your hair has put you through ove the years:wallbash:

My advice moisturize and protect your ends for dear life, otherwise kiss it goodbye:grin:

Thanks Blkonyx and Amerakan dream!

I posted some pics of my hair in another thread asking about my hair type.

Welcome elegantblkrose, I'm from the UK too - you may not be able to get a pibbs but you can get a hooded dryer from argos for about £60 - bought mine a few years ago - luv it!!!

WOW wow wow you and I have the exact same hair.
that being the case I really feel your pain, because I know exactly what your hair has put you through ove the years:wallbash:

My advice moisturize and protect your ends for dear life, otherwise kiss it goodbye:grin:

Thanks for the advice and you are soo right!! I am going to make sure I read as much as I can and moisturise tons!!:yep:

I have about 2 inches worth of new growth and the rest is relaxed but my recent regimen made both my natural and relaxed hair feel great. This is copied from my blog:

Elasta QP Conditioning Shampoo is the bomb diggity, Keracare Intensive Restorative Masque is my baby's daddy, Roux Porosity Control Corrector and Conditioner could get it, and Mane 'n Tail Detangler is all that and a bag of chips :grin::grin::grin:!!!

This is the first time in a long time that my hair has not been matted and full of tangles post wash and to top it all off, feels soft to the touch.

I washed in 4 sections using the Elasta shampoo. Deep conditioned with the Keracare Masque for 30 minutes. Rinsed with cold water, put some Porosity Control on, rinsed that off, towel dried, sprayed on some Mane 'n Tail and used a nickel sized amount of IC Fantasia serum on each section and stood there in awe as the comb just glided through my hair during each and every step. I tied my hair down with a scarf and sat under the dryer for a couple of hours.

I ran into one and the only knot which I took care of this morning. I'm pretty content. The hooded dryer was the only heat I used so of course my hair isn't super smooth and straight. I'm waiting until Spring to try my Maxiglide

Thank you for the details Avaya! After I try the l'occ, I am going to try the Elasta shampoo and I think I can get the other products you listed in the UK. I am going to use the stuff I already have, try this stuff and then find my staples for this road ahead!! Thanks again!

Welcome your in for a journey there is a lot to read but don't be like when I first discovered this board
I wrote down everything and brought everything everyone said help them u have to find what works for you what your hair like
Keep your regime simple always moisturize find a good conditioner that work for your hair fall in love with your hair and you will treat it the way
It should be treated and then your hair will grow beyond your sholder

There's a lot of wonderful ladies on this board that will give u great advise
They become like sisters to you .

So goodluck on your journey.

Back