Heat on hair, good or bad?

katseyes

To shampoo your hair with warm water or to dry them with a blow-dryer is it good or bad? And whatever you guys answer, please tell me why! It is hard for me to use cold water when I shampoo my hair...
crazy.gif

I have to be real honest with you. You can wash your hair with warm to lukewarm water, which is a good thing. But I would not use heat from a blow dryer for a few reasons. 1. The heat will dry out the hair's natural moisture, and 2. it is more damaging and puts stress on the hair itself. If I were you, I would avoid putting heat on the hair; maybe, air drying your hair would be a better choice for you. But if you decide to blow dry, make sure the heat setting is on warm, and not on hot. And use a heat protectant spray to avoid possible breakage and split ends.

Hope this helps you a bit.

I only shampoo my hair with warm water. There is no way I could use cold water to shampoo my hair with. IMO, it's a good thing because it helps with removing dirt, oil and styling products from my hair.

I wouldn't use the heat from a blow dryer on a regular basis. I know some of the members here do this every now and then (which is ok). A lot of members use the 'cold air button' on their blow dryer to dry their hair on a cool setting. If you ever decide to use a warm hair dryer, please use a good heat protectant to avoid possible damage. I believe Babycurls is right when she mentioned the heat can dry out one's natural hair moisture and that it does put stress on the hair itself. However, I am all for roller setting and sitting under a warm hooded dryer. This type of heat is suppose to be much better for the hair than a hot blow dryer.

I shampoo with very warm water, but my final rinse is always cold. My problem was with the blowdryer and curling irons. Just not doing those 2 things have made a major difference in my hair...

Back