Health, then length...(pics included)

ubavka123

I have two pictures of my hair to share. One is from August after my last touch-up. My ends were still showing the damage of mistreatment over the months before joining LHCF. The most recent picture shows my hair since my t/u this week. I have graduated layers (not by choice!). The longest is below the top of my shoulder blades. The front touches my shoulders. My bang swoops from my nose to my chin. Anyway, my ends have improved quite a bit. They are not thin anymore. I am glad of that. I have that darn V shape, which is not as pronounced as it is in the picture. I wrapped my hair last night and the curl (and curve) is still in it, so the sides in the back are not hanging totally straight! Actually, when totally straight, it is more of a U. I'll try to get a better picture that shows this...Anyway, I am a little shy to show them, because it is really nothing spectacular, just my little old slow-growing hair! Excuse my lopsided shoulders, LOL--I just realized that myself. I am not raising that one shoulder, I am built that way! Also, as you can see, ( I put a tank over my bra) I am eons away from brastrap. I am 5'9.5" and it is going to take a good year+ for me to get anywhere close! But, in just two months, my hair has improved a lot, I think, because I have been doing all that I learned here. So, nevermind how short it is, it is getting healthier! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe it would have been longer, but I had two trims since August and from the looks of the August ends, they were needed! My hair health is improving, so maybe now, I can focus more on getting some decent length!
August
October

68.gif
You're hair looks beautiful. I hope to have good healthy results like that after 2 months.

i can definitely see the improvement...!!!!!!!!! your hair is looking good there, girlie....... /images/graemlins/up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I actually love the first pic...I am a sucker for ends that go straight across.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the second pic makes the V look more pronounced than it is. I have more of a U shape (like the first pic) which shows when there is less curl in my hair. The sides are longer in the second pic, which is adding to the more layered look there. In the first pic, my sides were not yet on my shoulders.

Anyway, thanks everyone for all of the kind words! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
very healthy pretty hair...did you have it flat-ironed? what did you use on your hair? thanx

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Den1. My hair was flatironed, and I think he may have used (gasp!) a marcel barrel sparingly in some areas. That curl just holds and holds. My hair was relaxed with regular Affirm lye, then he used Nexxus Ensure as a conditioner after neutralizing. After that, I was blowdried on medium heat, a Deep Brilliance product (didn't see the name) was applied and my hair was then flatironed. That's about it.

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Wow, that's a quick turn around. Your hair is beautiful and looking incredibly healthy /images/graemlins/up.gif. Keep up the excellent work and comittment to your goals /images/graemlins/wink.gif .

[ QUOTE ]
Wow!!! What did you do to achieve that beautiful growth and body?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I just wear protective styles 99% of the time. I wash/ deep condition every Sunday, and I co wash 2x per week in between. I always leave the conditioner to sit, even when doing a co wash. I also try very hard to keep my ends moisturized. Also, I take vitamins, which have helped me greatly. I use GNC's Hair, Skin and Nails, and Women's Ultra Mega, on alternating days. I love to run, also, so perhaps that is helping my growth, but of course, I don't do that for hair, rather, for health.

Thank you again, everyone. I have been inspired by all of you and I have learned so much. I am still in my humble beginnings and I hope that my hair really starts to take off. I am about 4-6 inches from my goal. Wish me luck and I wish everyone happy hair growing. If I had never found LHCF, my ends would still look like the first picture, thin and frayed! I love this place! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Your hair looks great! I love both pictures and your hair looks full and shiny. /images/graemlins/up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I was really down about my hair in the first picture, because I had a very, very thin area on the left side, almost like a piece had been cut out, which I caused myself by pulling my hair back too tight on that side(before LHCF). I thought it would never grow out, but it has and has since been trimmed away. The second picture doesn't show that the shape is the same as the first, but it pretty much is. When my curl relaxes more, I will get my husband to take another photo.

Back