Health, then length...(pics included)

[ QUOTE ]
YAY /images/graemlins/clap.gif! Ubavka, I finally get to see your hair. It looks great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I have a long way to go, but I am getting off to a good start, I guess.

By the way, I put another pic up after I went jogging in the humidity. My curls fell and you can see the shape of my hair better. The perspective is off compared to the second one, because my husband took a closer shot, but, you can see the difference in the ends. Thanks again! everybody! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll probably make this album private again after a few days until my next update because I feel so uncomfortable with my pics on the 'net! /images/graemlins/blush.gif However, I wanted to share with my LHCF ladies!

Ubavka, that is some awesome progress. Girl, your hair is looking sho' nuff' healthy!!! Keep it up!

Not bad my dear. Not bad at all. /images/graemlins/up.gif Really beautiful and healthy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you again everyone! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I feel encouraged to keep on growing! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you again everyone! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I feel encouraged to keep on growing! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep it up girl! You've got some really beautiful hair!
/images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Very nice & healthy. I agree with you, I have finally realized to focus more on health than length. If healthy, the length will come naturally.

Keep up the good work /images/graemlins/up.gif

Thanks everybody! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Bajanplums, I wear protective styles all the time! As a matter of fact, I wore a loose french twist today. My regimen isn't too complicated: I shampoo/ deep condition every Sunday and co wash during the week (on days I work out--about every 2 days). Sundays are reserved for heavy or light protein treatments. During the week, I focus on moisture mainly. Sometimes, I change it up. I try to listen to my hair, if that makes sense. I have to say that giving up the blow dryer made the difference for me. I never had a dependency on the curling irons and such. My foe was the blowdryer and not moisturizing my ends! Thank you everyone for your compliments! You all have beautiful hair and you are helping me to acheive my goal of having more beautiful hair, too! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice & healthy. I agree with you, I have finally realized to focus more on health than length. If healthy, the length will come naturally.

Keep up the good work /images/graemlins/up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. I was scared to trim, because I was trying to prove Cathy Howse right! But, I changed my mind, because I started getting breakage. I realized that what worked for Cathy was not going to work for me. So, I decided to get the ends under control first and reset my goals. I think it is best to be lenient with the goals, to give the hair time to recover from abuse (I was not the kindest to my hair, because I never thought it could grow longer). Now that my ends are looking better, I hope the longer length comes, too!

ubavka123. sounds good. I abandoned the blow dryer recently too. It has been my nemesis for years. I can't wait to make progress so that I can post! Congratulations again!

[/ QUOTE ] I agree with you, I have finally realized to focus more on health than length. If healthy, the length will come naturally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely! You're off to a great start!

Back