He said, "Your hair is silky and smells like berries."

BronxMyth

That's what my date said to me Thursday night after a hug. So, I would like to know which products do you use for an amazing scent?
I moisturized with with Taliah Waajid's Bodifier, sealed with Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine butter, then applied Alter Ego's True Lux glossing serum (smells yummy).

If a product doesn't smell good to me, I not using it (unless I absolutely have to and there's no alternative). I'm big on smells and my nose is extremely sensitive. Anyway, I get a lot of compliments when I use NTM silk touch leave in, Herbal Essences LTR leave in, and Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine conditioner.

SO is funny about smells. I do prefer to have good smelling, or at least neutral scented hair. Tresemme stuff is good for the scent as well as dome of my cheapie conditioners for WnG days.

Scents are very important to me too. I get compliments when I use Dove products, Garnier Fructis, and Aussie products. But my personal favorite is Proclaim Olive Glosser Spray. It makes my hair shiny and has a wonderful, light, floral perfume scent that I LOVE.

What a sweet comment I have to have good smelling products or i will not use them.

I just got Ojon revitalizing mist, that stuff smells amazing
But Unless it performs miracles I will not be purchasing again
they want too much for such a little bottle

I just bought the Taliah Waajid's Bodifier Mist and used it on my hair it does smell wonderful. I hope my husband has the same reaction when we go out on our date tonight :)

The Renpure Organics conditioner I use for co-washes smells like berries too and the smell lingers for a long time. I love it! I also love how my Mane and Tail shampoo smells. A really fresh, clean scent!

A lot of people have complimented me and my baby daughter when I used the AOHSR as a leave-in.

i love fruity smells. so everything i use as a finisher has to smell like berries and bubble yum or something sweet lol.

Yes!!! I love it when men say my hair smells yummy!!! One time after I used HH hydralicious reconditioning conditioner, I had this guy grab me and inhale. He said my hair smelled delicious. Guys also like Aussie moist and Nexxus Therape shampoo :)

Ive had someone tell me my hair smells fruity. I took it as a compliment :) I used either vo5 moisture milks or sauve as a cowash the day before.

Whenever I wanted some lovin' I would use Hairveda's Whipped Cream :lachen:
I love fruity scents, especially anything in coconut

I now buy 1 oz fragrances like birthday cake, vanilla, strawberries n cream, sugar cookies, coconut creme, etc.. and add them to my conditioners.

Bronx,what does the Alter Ego smell like?I wanted to try the glossing spray.

The serum, to me, smells very girl, suttle, and sweet. Like a nice, airy, sweet parfum. The smell lingers on the hair faintly. I can't really desribe the scent to a T. However, the glossing spray smells like straight alcohol to me, but I don't see it listed on the package. Haven't tried it yet because of the alcohol smell.

awww...what a sweet compliment. :grin:

i usually get compliments from black guys, like, wow your hair doesn't stink-it smells nice. one of my guy friends told me i'm one of the few black girls he knows on campus whose hair he can safely put his nose into and not smell a month's worth of sweat and grease. :perplexed

i usually get compliments from black guys, like, wow your hair doesn't stink-it smells nice. one of my guy friends told me i'm one of the few black girls he knows on campus whose hair he can safely put his nose into and not smell a month's worth of sweat and grease. :perplexed
Sad but true. I was helping a girl in my class and I leaned over her to see the computer screen and maaaaaaaaaaan...I had to take a minute to get my self together.Her hair smelled like oil sheen,sweat,and hair food(that thick lime green grease that comes in the tiny jars @ dollar store)..:badidea:

The serum, to me, smells very girl, suttle, and sweet. Like a nice, airy, sweet parfum. The smell lingers on the hair faintly. I can't really desribe the scent to a T. However, the glossing spray smells like straight alcohol to me, but I don't see it listed on the package. Haven't tried it yet because of the alcohol smell.
Thanks for the review.I'll try the serum instead of spray.(Heading over to beautyofnewyork.com) :user:

If he said your hair smells that good then keep doing what you're doing because it's obviously working.

As for great scent, I love the Victoria's secret So Sexy hair products. They smell excellent!

Yes!!! I love it when men say my hair smells yummy!!! One time after I used HH hydralicious reconditioning conditioner, I had this guy grab me and inhale. He said my hair smelled delicious. Guys also like Aussie moist and Nexxus Therape shampoo :)
Nexxus Therappe does smell delicious. :lick:

Whenever I wanted some lovin' I would use Hairveda's Whipped Cream :lachen:
I love fruity scents, especially anything in coconut

I now buy 1 oz fragrances like birthday cake, vanilla, strawberries n cream, sugar cookies, coconut creme, etc.. and add them to my conditioners.
That's a great idea! Where do they sell 'em?

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

OMG, that must be a disgusting smell! No offense to weave/wigs wearers! But LHCF ladies know better, I hope lol.

I love VS So Sexy conitioner and detangler. I only use them for "special" occasions. The first time I used the conditioner, a guy friend of mine who was standing next to me told me my hair smelled so good. It's def a keeper!

That's what my date said to me Thursday night after a hug. So, I would like to know which products do you use for an amazing scent?
I moisturized with with Taliah Waajid's Bodifier, sealed with Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine butter, then applied Alter Ego's True Lux glossing serum (smells yummy).

I saw the title of this thread and started to giggle like a 16 yr old school girl, how sweet of your date!

Lacio lacio leave in, silicon mix, HE LTR, and rusk leave in. They all smell lovely IMO; others tend to agree. :)

Back