He said I can't grow my hair that long!

Rosy

Hey guys

I've always dreamt about having that long flowing waist length hair. I was telling my brother that one day I'm going to have that hair. He looks at me and starts laughing and says " do you think you're white, you can't grow your hair that long, keep dreaming" I felt so hurt by that because I just recently big chopped and because my hair is only three inches long I feel like I have a long way to go. Did any of you guys go through the same thing with someone and now your hair is APL, or BSL or MBL or WL, and now they are suprised. Please let me know because I need to know that I can do it and that it is possible. Thanks.

You can do it. If I can go from a boy cut to below BSL anyone can do it.

47b7d706b3127ccebd3d46ac7a4000000035108AbuWzVo5Yt1

started here

47b7d706b3127ccebd3eb2ef9b9d00000025108AbuWzVo5Yt1

went to this

47b7da39b3127cce8392dfd2728c00000015108AbuWzVo5Yt1

I'm now past this

47b7ce23b3127ccebdec0b6cdb2f00000026108AbuWzVo5Yt1

here

DivaStyle has done it to, I've seen the pictures.

With the proper Care, your hair can reach its fullest potiental.:grin: Even though Genetics plays a role, by taking great care of your hair you might be suprised how healthy and long it can become!

I went through a similar situation with my mom. what you have to do is ignore the h@ll out of your detractors and keep it moving, which is what i did. I also took nu hair vitamins and used mtg until my hair was long enough for a bun. then I kept my hair in protective styles until now and I am below apl. just know that growing hair isn't a 'white thing'

Ignore him.

Only share your goals with people that you know are supportive.

When I was 13, I decided to go natural and chopped off my hair. My own mother said, "You don't know what kind of hair you are going to have".:ohwell: I ignored her, and now she is a natural and one of my biggest advocates.

Take a picture now and monitor your progress every 3 to 6 months.

Start a diary and write down all your feelings/emotions. Doing this has helped a lot of women here.

It will take some time, but you can do this. Don't allow anyone to steal your dreams...not even family members! Sadly they can be our worst enemy.:nono:

whenever you get discouraged, check out sylver2's fotki. she grew her hair from a short cut to WL. very inspiring!

just because you registered 3 yrs ago, it doesn't mean you lurked much. If I'm right , the best thing is to start lurking , many of the ladies started with 3-4 inches of hair , including myself. All the best...and to all our nay sayers ..this is from me :hammer::evillaugh:

Back