HE LTR WTF!!!

bunnie82

okay...so am i the only who HATES the smell of the "new and improved" HE LTR??? omg...the smell makes me nauseous....:sad:
why the hell did they change it???!!!

anyhoo....it was my staple....but now i have to find something that is comparable that doesn't have a such a wretched smell!

any idea on a new leave in? i've tried giovanni drict leave in...that's just OK to me...any other recommendations? TIA

I've never used the leave-in ... I just mix the LTR condish with distilled water, silk amino acids, glycerin, and maybe jojoba oil and use that. Makes my hair softer than anything else I've used :)

I'm sorry :-/ I don't measure at all.. I try to put less SAA than anything else bc although it's mild I'm still wary of protein overload. Also def less glycerine bc I don't want it to be too oily.
I suppose I don't really need to add jojoba on top of it, but it's one of my favorite oils :)

If anything, ill mix up a little more tomorrow and take a picture to show you. I only mix a little up at a time anyway bc I'm afraid of adding too much of one ingredient and screwing up the whole concoction.

I don't love the smell..but I did love the scent ltr leave-in had before. And I really Don't like how my hair reacts to the new formula.

Omg Yes! I didn't know if I was tripping or not about the smell because i'm pregnant & everything stinks to me right now. But I knew they changed the formula...It use to smell so heavenly before. I threw it in the trash I hated the new smell so much! Now I just use Kinky Curly Knot Today as a leave in..

I don't use any of there products anymore because of the formula changes...everything sucks now to me...

Please say it ain't so!! I love HE LTR and I try to keep a stash but now I have to run out and see if I can collect the old ones. Are the new bottles marked as new and improved??

Why do they always have to tinker with stuff??!!! :perplexed

Why did they change the smell? That is one of my staples. :( Well, actually the regular conditioner is because I can never find the leave in. I wonder if that's different too.

I've never used the leave-in ... I just mix the LTR condish with distilled water, silk amino acids, glycerin, and maybe jojoba oil and use that. Makes my hair softer than anything else I've used :)

I need to try this. I have been leaving in the regular conditioner and it makes me paranoid that something bad is going to happen (I saw where Kimmaytube said that she never leaves in a conditioner unless it's specifically a leave in), so this is a smart idea--just dilute it. I agree that it makes hair really soft. And it makes detangling really easy.

ETA: they changed the whole formula? :( We need to write them a letter. :mad:

I still have a bottle of the HE NOYF and they dropped that product completely. I was planning to use the LTR next as a replacement but heard about the changed formula as well and decided not to buy it. Hate.

Ok, so this is prob not the most helpful, but I hope it gives you some sort of idea.
I usually don't even mix *that much...
btw, the spray bottle is about the same size/height as a bottle of salerm21. That's the only thing I have on-hand right now to compare it to, to give you an idea of size, lol.

Attachments

• concoc.jpg
    concoc.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 47
I loved the old formula and I love the new formula just as much....the smell doesn't bother me

Please say it ain't so!! I love HE LTR and I try to keep a stash but now I have to run out and see if I can collect the old ones. Are the new bottles marked as new and improved??

Why do they always have to tinker with stuff??!!! :perplexed

no...it doesn't say new and improved....but you can def tell the difference.....the bottle color and design is way different....it's a darker color with a weird design in the background, whereas the older one was bright red with just plain white writing....smells so dang bad....:nono:

The old formula seemed to keep my hair soft..the new one doesn't plus it builds up quicker than the original one. And like was said..you can tell the difference in the bottle and ingredients list. The results of it used on my hair has me looking for something else too. i can't stand HE.

I still have a bottle of the HE NOYF and they dropped that product completely. I was planning to use the LTR next as a replacement but heard about the changed formula as well and decided not to buy it. Hate.

I have 2 bottles of HE NOYF leave in I dont like it, I think used it incorrectly. I applied some on top of product I already had in my hair and my hair the next day was not feeling normal. I will try it one more time on fresh product free hair.

If it still gives me the same result I will try to make a few dollars of it on ebay, since its been discontinued.:yep:

Last edited:
@Myjourney2009..my hair didn't like that crap either. I guess it's one of those things..cause an older thread on HE NOFYF was split down the middle pretty much.

eta: SuchaLady..thanks for the review..cause every time I think about that product my skeptical side kicks into high gear..but who really knows until you try it.

Last edited:
Never used LTR. I use hello hydration and the new formula is notttt crackin'. I think I am done with HE.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using T-Mobile myTouch 3G

oh no!!!! :sad: i really love their deep condish so i wanted to give this a try.....i'm gonna wash my hair today and report back tomorrow with how my hair feels.....

OMG!!!!! i tried the neutrogena leave in and my hair was sooo soft!!!!! i coudn't stop touchin it!!! i LOVE this stuff.......so far....:yep:

of course. :ohwell: i just caved and bought it for the first time because i've heard so many rave reviews here and elsewhere. i'll use it anyway. i am a little concerned because it has cones, but i'll give it a try.

what are the differences that everyone has noticed?

Garnier fructis Sleek & shine leave in has been a good replacement. I cant even find the new formula any where... I use to always fine it..why change something so popular.

Back