HE LET ME DO HIS HAIR! (help!)

aloof one

Oh my gosh I was so embarrassed. My sisters ex showed up and had his hair in this GORGEOUS ponytail (hes 2 in past shoulder length). Hes natural and you could see waves at his edges and everything. It was soooo beautiful--- it had sheen and and he had body and it was thick on the ends... and I was so jealous!!!

So I walked outside and he was like... "You have some beautiful hair!" OMG I was so in shock he said that, I was about to say the same thing. He kept saying that I was "doin somethin right" and that it really showed how I was doing my hair. Anyway, he ended up asking me to do his hair after my sister (Man she shoulda shut her mouth) told him about my arsenal of hair products and things I had made. So he asked me to wash his hair and everything and everyone pushed me into it and I was SCARED! I have never done anyones natural hair but my niece (who is part white and has this long coiled hair I play with) so I didnt know what to do. It was so pretty. I was afraid I would mess his hair up so I kept trying to talk my way out of it, and nothing worked. He said he wanted me to practice on him and get experience. He already had the towel and went to the bathroom and everything!

So he told me he had washed his hair the night before so I wanted to be gentle and not overdo anything... His hair was not significantly broken, but his edges were a lil broken and sticking out. Some of his hair was dry, but not bone dry, and a few of the curls were a little hard as if they hadnt been moisturized in a while. Keep in mind this is a guy who usually only washes his hair and doesnt "grease" it or anything because he typically lets other people style it or braid it, etc. He hasnt had that in a while.

I co-washed it with some Dove Moisturizing Conditioner (moisturizer)
Added some Olive Oil Cholesterol (to soften his hair)
Combed it (shower comb) into a ponytail (he always airdrys in a pony)
Brushed down the edges with Elasta QP Mango Butter
Added some Garnier Fructis Sleek N Shine Smoothing Milk to the pony (frizz)

Did I do OK??? I am scared when he comes back tonight after he airdries its going to be a disaster and he'll be :mad: that I messed up his beautiful head of hair that in my opinion needed nothing!

I think it should be fine. There is always the chance that his hair reacts differently to different products but Im sure its alright....it sounds like you did a wonderful job.

I'm sure it will look great...kind of OT...

...but the way he mentioned that you must be, "Doin something right..." seems like he may be want'n to get more done than his hair. And if this be so..you've got more to worry about than how his hair air dries. ;)

if he does come back and its a disaster: its nothing like a little s-curl won't cure for a guys hair: all the guys i kno love s-curl

cmw45 said:
I'm sure it will look great...kind of OT...

...but the way he mentioned that you must be, "Doin something right..." seems like he may be want'n to get more done than his hair. And if this be so..you've got more to worry about than how his hair air dries. ;)

get outta my head girl!!!:lol: Shole seems that way:look:

get yalls minds outta the gutter.... his request was purely innocent....:look: :look:

ok i'm lying...girl u know thats sexy as hail for a woman to do a mans hair....

Oh my gosh lol... Some of yall do got some gutter minds! :D
He came back late last night to hang out with my brother and pulled off his stocking cap and had this shiny curly pony tail underneath. It was so pretty! I was like OMG I LOVE YOUR HAIR!

Then he said, "Its all thanks to you!" and ran his hand all through it. I dont have a crush on this guy but I really do think I have some serious hair envy though, haha.... Guys like that make me kinda :mad: jealous because all he does is brush his hair into a pony and never touch it again and it looks good. But Im glad he let me do it though, from what it looks like I did a good job.

His curls were pretty loose not even wiry or frizzy- it was all thick and shiny. Before it was kinda frizzy and the curls were kinda jacked up now that I think of it. His hair looks like my natural hair, but looser, so Im probably going to do what I did to him when Im fully natural and hopefully that works out, I cant wait

al00fone said:
Oh my gosh lol... Some of yall do got some gutter minds! :D
He came back late last night to hang out with my brother and pulled off his stocking cap and had this shiny curly pony tail underneath. It was so pretty! I was like OMG I LOVE YOUR HAIR!

Then he said, "Its all thanks to you!" and ran his hand all through it. I dont have a crush on this guy but I really do think I have some serious hair envy though, haha.... Guys like that make me kinda :mad: jealous because all he does is brush his hair into a pony and never touch it again and it looks good. But Im glad he let me do it though, from what it looks like I did a good job.

His curls were pretty loose not even wiry or frizzy- it was all thick and shiny. Before it was kinda frizzy and the curls were kinda jacked up now that I think of it. His hair looks like my natural hair, but looser, so Im probably going to do what I did to him when Im fully natural and hopefully that works out, I cant wait

Suuuuure he came back late last night for your brother...:D Just kidding.

Back