Have you seen or tried this hair product?

nadine1977canada

I don't know if i told you guys about htis product as of yet.

Last year, in early january 2006 I got my hair braided. As some of you know i did the big no no. I kept the braids on for almost a full year and I only removed it dec 25th 2006. I was shocked to see my hair was super long!!! When wearing my braids i would put SHea Butter Leave in Conditioner(By Shea "All naturals" in my hair. I had used it a bit before i had braids but thought nothing of it. But when i had braids i was putting that stuff on my scalp cause it would eliminate the itchy feeling. It had a menty smell and it would tingle. By the time i took my braids off i was shocked to see that i had when from shoulder lenght to 2 inches past the brastrap. Nwo its either the braids(protective style) or that leave in cond. I also noticed that the front of my hair that was about an inch became shoulder lenght and some parts became way past my should as in towards my breast. I was shocked.

I had a hard time stopping the breakage of my hair. In fact, many of my posts where about the breakage.

So now , i decided to try it again on my scalp. As anyone tried All Natural Shea butter Leave in? You can find it at: http://www.allnaturalscosmetics.ca/products_hair.html

The leave in contains De ionized water, Glycol laurate, Ethylcellulose,guar gum,shea butter, Ammonium Cholride, Glycol Isostearate, Quarantined Wheat protein, Vitamine E, Allantoin, Germaben, Essential oils.

I looked on the site and they also got hair grow oil that contains:Soy oil, Shea butter, Jojoba oil, Castor oil and other oils

Anyone used it before??? LEt me know.

PS: The leave in conditionner says you can put it on the hair. when i first tried it in 2002 i did put it on the hair and saw no growth. it made my hair hard, dry and left some white flakes. However on the scalp, it seemed to have made my hair grow like crazy!! Before the braids incident, I had never EVER been at brastrap.

I haven't heard about the product but I'm dying to know how you were able to keep the same braids in for almost a year. What kind of shape where they in when you took them out?? Were you scared your hair was going to be all matted/tangled, etc?

Keep in mind at the time i lived in a all white area. Where they were no black salons.. the closest one would have been in Montreal( 12 hour train ride). I had put vaseline on my hair constantly and alot of oils.My hair was tangled like you cold not imagine. I had soaked my hair in vaseline and oil, sat under the dryer. I did this to make the roots less hard and mushier..I unbraided and still had some part of th head that was hard and i took a needle to undue the wite residue at the roots and applied oils and vaseline to soak it and make it mushy.

It took me forever to take all that stuff off. My hair was nasty. It was at a point where i had to sleek my hair in a bun and brush the temples. It looked like i had Rastas and at the same time it looked like the front of my head was not done(not braided yet). It was a hot mess!

I did protein treatments, deep con(moisturizing ) treatments, and maintained a low manupulation style. My hair remained in a bun from that point on until september 06 when i first got my hair relaxed.

Back