Have you noticed that when your hair is healthier...

Victorian

old head
...more of your "just ok" products seem to work better?

Right now my hair is probably the healthiest it's been in years (no relaxer, frequent conditioner washes, airdrying, otherwise just leaving it alone), and even when I grab some reject conditioner from the back of the cupboard for a quick con wash, my hair comes out feeling great.

I mean, of course if your hair is healthy it's going to be nice, but this makes me wonder if back when I tried some of these products the first time, they WOULD have seemed better if my hair had already been in better condition. Or maybe if I had stuck with them longer I might have thought better of them over time, instead of just looking for that one product that gave "wow" results with the first use. Has my PJism been a waste of money??
Not to say that there aren't some products which definitely don't have the best ingredients for my hair, but still...

I don't know, I'm just rambling. At any rate, I got two compliments on my hair today :weird: :lol:

Yeah, I'm getting rid of my Nexxus products because Creme of Nature works 3 times better on my hair, plus its cheaper.

I think you may be on to something. Back when I first found the boards I'd try thins that were raved about and be like "is that it?" Now I'll pull some of those same things out the back of my closet to use them up and I'm amazed at the results. I'm not mad though because if it hadn't been for those duds I wouldn't have found my stars - the things that were good to my hair before it was in great condition. I use those on my now healthy hair and it looks like I came from the salon!:grin:

I agree, you are on to something here...:scratchch I do know this, my hair is sooo much more simple to do and to keep looking good.

Yep I think when your hair is healthy you're don't need a "miracle product". I think that's why a lot of naturals say they use whatever is the cheapest when they buy products.

BlackCardinal said:
...more of your "just ok" products seem to work better?

Right now my hair is probably the healthiest it's been in years (no relaxer, frequent conditioner washes, airdrying, otherwise just leaving it alone), and even when I grab some reject conditioner from the back of the cupboard for a quick con wash, my hair comes out feeling great.

I mean, of course if your hair is healthy it's going to be nice, but this makes me wonder if back when I tried some of these products the first time, they WOULD have seemed better if my hair had already been in better condition. Or maybe if I had stuck with them longer I might have thought better of them over time, instead of just looking for that one product that gave "wow" results with the first use. Has my PJism been a waste of money??
Not to say that there aren't some products which definitely don't have the best ingredients for my hair, but still...

I don't know, I'm just rambling. At any rate, I got two compliments on my hair today :weird: :lol:
I agree that in the past, me not finding the time to give products a chance has cost me BIG BUCKS! But since I've learned to take care of my hair & give products at least two months to show something, I have gotten much better results!
My hair has gotten healthier & is showing my love back! :look:

Back