Have you ever walked away from a relationship with no explanation.

My last SO just stopped hearing from me. I was too frustrated to confront him. Plus, one of my reasons for leaving was that, at age 39, he enjoyed getting wasted drunk 3-4 nights a week. I've dealt with this issue in my family and knew better than to ask him to stop. No one truly changes that behavior because of someone elses request.

The bolded is 150% true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've not walked away from a relationship like that, but yes, I've just stopped talking to people I was casually dating. Most recently I just felt like the "talks" would go like this:

Me: X is very important to me and I really don't like Y.
Him: I understand where you're coming from, I guess Y doesn't have to be there.
Me: Okay, good.

[time elapses]

Me: X is still very important to me, and Y is still here.
Him: Is X really that important? Things are great....

[time elapses]

Him: I haven't heard from you. You'll get back in touch with me, right?
Me: Sure.

(I regret being disengenuous, 'cause I knew I wasn't going to call)

[time elapses]

Me: :crickets:

I think men often shoot themselves in the foot by not learning that women will reach a point of no return where they are just done and they're not going to look back. Like most of the others, I faded away because I simply felt like I wasn't being heard.

Last edited:
If I realize I keep having to have the same conversation with a man, I just LITFA. He had his warning when I told him what I was dissatisfied with the first (and sometimes second time). Instead of trying to talk me out of my dissatisfaction by explaining his actions (or moreso inaction) he should've just changed his behavior.

I was actually doing it to my ex-husband.

one day i just realized, that i didnt want to be married anymore and i kept it quiet for a few months

Back