Have You Ever Used Fabric Softener Sheets on Your Hair?

Isis

I've known for a while that it is supposed to get rid of static electricity in the hair (which comes from hair being too dry or a very dry environment) but I've also read that it gets rid of frizziness in the hair. One is supposed to run an unscented piece of fabric softener sheet over the hair. Have any of you ladies tried this? What were your results?

Hmmn....I guess the answer is no!:lol: This is a pretty common remedy for static though. Just wondered if the frizz free claims are accurate.

I've never used it on my hair but I have used it on my cats. While it does remove static, it leaves a film that takes a little while to go away. It also highlights clumps.

Boadicea said:
I've never used it on my hair but I have used it on my cats. While it does remove static, it leaves a film that takes a little while to go away. It also highlights clumps.
It must be that film that is supposed to remove the frizz. I haven't found anything saying that film is harmful to hair though. I'll keep looking.

I have read this in a hair book for caucasion lady, I have never thought about it working for my hair. It won't hurt to try it, though.

Pookie25 said:
I have read this in a hair book for caucasion lady, I have never thought about it working for my hair. It won't hurt to try it, though.
In my research so far, we here at LHCF should not be getting static in our hair because we are keeping it moisturized. Static means the hair and/or the room is too dry. Frizz usually means hair is too dry also, with some hair exceptions.

That film on the sheets must be a moisturizer of some sort...

Pookie, for the caucasion lady, was it used to remove static or frizz or both?

Isis said:
In my research so far, we here at LHCF should not be getting static in our hair because we are keeping it moisturized. Static means the hair and/or the room is too dry. Frizz usually means hair is too dry also, with some hair exceptions.

That film on the sheets must be a moisturizer of some sort...

Pookie, for the caucasion lady, was it used to remove static or frizz or both?
That's funny...as I read this thread, I was thinking, my hair never has that static anymore. Good point!

*color me blonde* :look:

Isis.... It was for frizz. Also, I meant to put I read it in a book that was meant for (caucasion ladies.) I don't remember what the title was, I browsed through it while at the library last year.

Pookie25 said:
Isis.... It was for frizz. Also, I meant to put I read it in a book that was meant for (caucasion ladies.) I don't remember what the title was, I browsed through it while at the library last year.
Thank you Pookie!

I haven't used fabric softener on my hair, but I do use it to treat synthetic hair if I'm going to get my hair braided with extentions. Before weaving the hair in I wash it with wig shampoo and let it soak in a tub of water with a capful fabric softener in it. It really cuts down on the skin irritation/itching I get from using the synthetic hair.

jetcitygirl said:
I haven't used fabric softener on my hair, but I do use it to treat synthetic hair if I'm going to get my hair braided with extentions. Before weaving the hair in I wash it with wig shampoo and let it soak in a tub of water with a capful fabric softener in it. It really cuts down on the skin irritation/itching I get from using the synthetic hair.
That's different! How did you know to soak your extension hair in fabric softener?

Back