Have you ever felt like giving up during your hair journey?

I feel this way some times, but when I look at how far I have come in my hair journey I realize I can't give up. What has worked for me over the past 3 months is to just leave it alone. I jumped on so many bandwagons only to find out that what my hair needed was to just let it be. I am still working on a solid regimen, but so far I think I have found what my hair likes and needs.

If you just focus on your regimen and try not to worry about the length which I know is hard you will probably be amazed in a couple months from now. Also maybe put it away for awhile.

I came in this thread ready to answer with a resounding NO. But I did give up on having natural hair back in 2007.

But:
My hair is healthier now than when I was natural. I've learned sooo much from this site about achieving and maintaining HAIR. Any type of hair. Everything I've tried over the years only added to improving the state of my hair.

I'm just "watching the paint dry" now. Waiting for my length to come in.

DH mentioned last month, that my hair is longer than he's ever seen it in my life. (past 30 years) He even said to let it grow and see how long it gets, where previously he said that shoulder length would be a good length.

I started cutting my hair in High School hardly even remember having "long" hair. APL is about the longest it had ever been anyway. So I'm finally in new territory now, and my efforts are paying off. Nobody has seen me without a bun in about a year, and I'm planning to start wearing it out to stop the wear and tear on my ends from the holder its been in.

Even if I didn't want to grow long hair, how could I go back to having unhealthy, dry and breaking hair? That's the only thing I choose to give up.

Frustration to the max!! Yesterday I totally was thinking of relaxing my hair after a 2yr transition and being completely natural for about 4 months now. When I first big chopped I was sooo excited to have natural hair, but I've come to realize now that It ain't no joke!! Trying to find products that properly moisturize my hair is like pulling teeth. I was so mad that i started getting rough with my hair when I was detangling yesterday :nono:. Also the amount of time I have to invest in caring for it is ridiculous :spinning:. But I'm just going to deal with it and tough it out because I know that all the time and caring has got to amount to something good....I hope :ohwell:.

I guess I'm in that "brand new natural" frustration phase :lol::lol:.

Last edited:
No I never want to give on my hair journey..but my focus shifts sumtimes...and my wants changes...my hair has been natural almost 2 years..sumtimes I consider relaxing..other times I want to dye my hair blond..neither action is giving up on my hair journey..because I will still be taking care of my hair..but I decided that I dont want to relax my hair (I only need to straighten my hair once in a while to satisfy that itch)..for me straight hair is too much work and natural hair is so easy..plus I luv to wet my hair everyday..Now the blond hair is always a want to its too damaging so I decided against that as well..its a trade off..

Yes I feel like it rite now!!! My hair has taken a beaten due to thyroid medication
a6cd0a63-02fe-407a.jpg

Back