Have you ever dated a man who wasn't very smart/intelligent?

kimpaur

but was ideal in other areas(faithful, handsome,generous,sweet,good in bed,etc)

How'd it go?
:spinning:

I have dated a couple of functional illiterates but not lately. I dated this particlar guy when I was in my 20's. I thought he was good looking. All the rest of the above he lacked. His sister told me that his mother had a very long bob. She said I had to grow my hair to get his attention. I thought that was absurd. He did not have a lot going on but I hace change my stance on the long hair portion. I am growing it for myself though.

Not smart in my case was: limited reading comprehension and I don't recall him EVER having a bright idea that would actually work in terms of execution. It was like dating the typical comedy dumb guy. Like Joey from friends. Lol. And he was 8 years older.

I was young (under 22). I ended it. Lol. I just couldn't stand it. It started to bore me. I saw the finish line and knew it was going to get worse as I got older. I also kept being asked by his friends and family what was I doing with him. Lol Although I wasn't attracted, he in his limited capacity would've gone to the ends of earth for me, support and provide for me, but I couldn't stay.

I won't do it again. Haven't done it again.

I have dated a couple of functional illiterates but not lately. I dated this particlar guy when I was in my 20's. I thought he was good looking. All the rest of the above he lacked. His sister told me that his mother had a very long bob. She said I had to grow my hair to get his attention. I thought that was absurd. He did not have a lot going on but I hace change my stance on the long hair portion. I am growing it for myself though.

This was so random but relevant at the same time (but thanks to that next sentence it was all put into context for me) :lol:

Yes, but they were gifted in other areas; sports or musically gifted.

Never in my adult life, I can't stomach stupid people.

If a guy had all the characteristics that the OP states then I would give it a go. As long as the guy wasn't borderline basic intelligent then ok. He doesn't have to be Einstein.

In fact smart guys or guys who think they are smart/smarter than you can be manipulative and try to out think you or over think things. There can be too many mental games and they try to get in your head which can in certain cases lead to mental/emotional abuse.

In fact, I'm convinced that people who are not very smart/intelligent are generally happier in life. They worry a lot about things and are more content.

So I would definitely date a man who was.

Not smart in my case was: limited reading comprehension and I don't recall him EVER having a bright idea that would actually work in terms of execution. It was like dating the typical comedy dumb guy. Like Joey from friends. Lol. And he was 8 years older.

I was young (under 22). I ended it. Lol. I just couldn't stand it. It started to bore me. I saw the finish line and knew it was going to get worse as I got older. I also kept being asked by his friends and family what was I doing with him. Lol Although I wasn't attracted, he in his limited capacity would've gone to the ends of earth for me, support and provide for me, but I couldn't stay.

I won't do it again. Haven't done it again.

Did that inspire your username? :lachen: :lachen:

In fact, I'm convinced that people who are not very smart/intelligent are generally happier in life. They worry a lot about things and are more content.

of course they are. stupid people are much happier than intelligent people.

If a guy had all the characteristics that the OP states then I would give it a go. As long as the guy wasn't borderline basic intelligent then ok. He doesn't have to be Einstein.

In fact smart guys or guys who think they are smart/smarter than you can be manipulative and try to out think you or over think things. There can be too many mental games and they try to get in your head which can in certain cases lead to mental/emotional abuse.

I talk about this a lot but yeah men who are only smart really aren't the business. After a while it's like who are you besides what you've learned in school?

I won't even talk about the emotional abuse...in this thread. lol

Yup. That's me. I stopped worrying about a lot of stuff and just went in the direction of what I'm good at.

Yes we are. Praise the Lord. :lachen:

I spent a lot of time being miserable & depressed.

i didnt mean that either stupid people nor happy people choose to be miserable or depressed. its just a lot easier to be happy when youre so stupid you dont notice (or understand) whats going on around you.

I could not date someone who isn't intelligent. It would annoy the heck out of me. I don't have the patience, nor do I find simpletons attractive.

I prefer both, but will take intelligence & personality over looks any day.

i didnt mean that either stupid people nor happy people choose to be miserable or depressed. its just a lot easier to be happy when youre so stupid you dont notice (or understand) whats going on around you.

I understand.

It is a lot easier to be happy when you don't know what's going on around you though. I made a conscious choice to not give a damb about anything that's going on though so I could own a business and be a better mom.

I'm stupid but with a purpose. Lol

I dated someone that was more street smarts but not on my intellectual level. I want someone more on my level.

Yes and it was very short lived. He never got jokes, didn't keep up with any current events, didn't read or try to expand his vocabulary. Like dude couldn't even play along on Family Feud. Really didn't have much common sense either. He could dance and *&^#.

I have never had a relationship with someone who I felt wasn't smart. It just really irks me to have a conversation with someone who isn't at my level. I'd consider something casual but never a serious relationship with someone who isn't smart. Right now, though, I'm "seeing" a guy who didn't go to college, but is really smart in my opinion.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I could date/marry a DUMB man. He may not be college educated (and that's OKAY)...but just plain DUMB or no common sense?? Uh uh.... :naughty: That would NOT work for me. :nono: I'm fairly intelligent....or, at least I like to think of myself as such...:look: :giggle: , so a guy who can't think or doesn't read, or at least watch SOMETHING to keep himself up on current events or what not is not a guy I would be attracted to in the long run.

I think he would start to bore me..... Not only that, but I think I would be afraid of having dumb kids.... :look: Why be unevenly yoked with a guy who isn't on your level intellectually?? :confused: Like I said, he doesn't have to possess even a college education (many people are SMART and well-read without all of that), but he DOES have to have an original thought, and the capability of having meaningful, deep conversations sometimes. :yep:

That's just me though.... :look:

yes he stated he had to often look up the words i used during conversation...

he was an entrepreneur owned a couple businesses...more street smart than book smart

fun guy but we didn't last...more eye candy than anything else...

Intelligence is relative. I've dated guys who knew about things I didn't care about (sports, music, movies, etc.). That info doesn't help me in life but they knew more about those subjects than I EVER cared to learn.

A man who can talk about finance, law, science <--- that is the kind of intelligence I value.

Did that ONCE. We were young with raging hormones :look: He was v good looking, but even his dad asked me WTH I was doing with his son :lol: We didn't last very long as a couple...

Last edited:
Back