2 months:
Photo0515-vi.jpg

3 months:
Photo0938-vi.jpg

4 months:
Photo1706-vi.jpg

yesterday:
hpim8410-vi.jpg

all of these are WnG's...the last pic is on day 5 WnG puff...my hair shrinks like crazy, but if i leave it alone it gets bigger every day

I BC' on April 1st 2007 this is my BC pic:

VeryFirstFro.jpg

This is my 1 yr comparison April 2007 vs April 2008

collage3.jpg

And this is a twist out I wore this past spring:

2010_05220101-1.jpg

Last edited:
*you have to click on the pics to see them better- can someone tell me how to just copy and paste the pic into the window?*

then-january 2009? (i never kept track of dates etc. and completely forgot that i had even worn my hair out at this time lol)- I had some relaxed ends still for some reason but i ended up putting braids back in then chopping them off later- i have no pics of that:(

now (late last month)

yeah i know-it looks like the same length haha my hair shrinks a lot but it is a bit past SL now

Attachments

• DSC00476.jpg
    DSC00476.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 44
  • phpfuhZioPM.jpg
    phpfuhZioPM.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 45
You can upload your photos to your gallery then paste the b link in your post. The pics should show then. (but make sure that the album is public)

I transitioned for 16 1/2 months. This was my hair 5 months before the BC:
122207-vi.jpg

The day I BC'd:
052308_1732vi-vi346.jpg

2 months after my BC:
071908_1459th-vi.jpg

My hair now is in my siggy!

Last edited:
Before, 2years natural & SL Unstretched with stupid layers:
snapshot201007304.jpg

Straightened it. :nono: Was APL. This is when I noticed how bad my splits were.
snapshot201008036.jpg

BC August & Split free!
snapshot2010082711.jpg

I big chopped March 30th. The first pic is the day of, the second is a few days later, and the third is in July.

Attachments

• nat1.jpg
    nat1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 53
  • bc2.jpg
    bc2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 49
  • bc.jpg
    bc.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 47
I have done 3 big chops, (yeah we can say I have fully explored chemical straightening) transitioning for far less each time and going shorter and shorter.

I apologize for the sizes.

Big Chop Fall 2002
x

Big Chop Dec 2004
x

And the well documented Big Chop of Feb 2008
x

My varied textures, very tight at the temples, looser everywhere else, loosest at the top:
x

Last edited:
hi UrbainChic!!! thank you so much for your posts!!!

i don't like to interrupt the beautiful pictorial space for questions.... but you remind me of kimmaytube.. (but when even more beautiful locks)

DO YOU MIND TELLING US A LITTLE ABOUT WHY U DECIDED TO CHOP 3 TIMES??? I'M A NEWBIE ON THE NATURAL FRONT AND I "NOW" couldn't dare think of chopping 3 times... but in seeing so many ladies who do, i'm wondering what attributed to your multiple whacks?? lol

your hair is so gorgeous i'm puzzled? style change? short hair preference? chemicals? damage? (feel free to tell me to buzz off at any time:-)

thanks!
and gb

Sure did...just yesterday! IDK why my pic is so humongous!!!:lol::lol::lol:
TheBC.jpg
days later, and the third is in July.[/QUOTE]
OMG.. that song by drake comes to mind when glancing at your pics.... YOU FANCY HUH? roflmao.... you are a beauty

nails done, hair done... everythang dis.... so u SEXY huh?

all of you ladies are so gorgeous with the short cuts

tHeHaIRLaB

I cut 3 times because I relaxed and regretted it.

Mainly because I had a lot of pressure from family and I also had a lot of pressure from my stylist, who eventually conned me into texturizing, then into relaxing. I have spent the majority of my life as a natural, and relaxers are just not for me. (Though I did give relaxing a good 5 or 6 year solid run before the first BC)

(this is not supposed to be an anti relaxer rant, i am just answering a question about myself so please no attacks from relaxer lovers)

In my experience, It costs more, it takes more time out of my schedule, and the health of my hair is compromised. I can get my hair EXACTLY as straight as with a relaxer with just a blow dryer/ roller set or a flat iron. Plus I am really into natural living and am paranoid about all the toxins in everything we put on and in our body so why bother with all that chemical mess when it doesn't even make me happy?

I know other women have the exact opposite story i that i do, but my own unaltered hair is easiest for me to work with.

And when my pushy family gets on my case, or when i am in the mood for a switch up, I just flat iron/ blow out/ or roller set and it stays pin straight for at least a week, unless i wash it.

Back