Have you ever been in a relationship with someone...

Yea, I met this guy and was dating him and realized that he was a pathological liar - like the type to lie and then start actually believing his own bs. Lied about EVERYTHING - like little stupid stuff "are you with Tmobile? nah, Verizon" type stuff. Lied about where he got his haircut. Lied about where he was from (told me he was from Florida, come to find out he's born and raised in Cali). Lied about his family. Just a damn liar.

I also dated this one guy who was a "music producer" (ok - sidebar. I live in LA so meeting someone who claims to be a music producer is the first red flag). Whatever, he was cute and had chips so I was willing to give it a try. We met at Starbucks and he pulls up in his Lexus (I mention this for a reason). First date we went to this excellent sushi restaurant, then to a "get together" at one of his friends' house (who had a beautiful home in Brentwood over looking all of LA). Then we went back to his house for a little bit (no, it did not go down like that - no kissing, nothing). We actually sat back and listened to music and made some "beats" which was new and fun.

OK - here's where it gets interesting. This man was 32. So when we pull up to his house, this sprawling house in Westwood (at least 6000 square feet), we go into the guest house. The whole time he's talking about how he's gotten to where he's at. Blah Blah Blah. I figured thats where the studio was - whatever.

So we're kicking back and all of a sudden I hear a beeping noise, like an intercom or pager. He pretends like he doesn't hear it. Then the beeping noise becomes one long beep. He still pretends like he doesn't hear it.

Then his MOMMA comes over the intercom and says

"________, baby, are you home now?"
Yes Mom.
"Hi, sweetheart - I love your curly hair" (Thats to me. How she saw me I Have NO IDEA). :nono:
"Did you two have fun?"
Yes Mom.
"OK, now".

10 minutes later.
"________, it's time for your company to go home now!"
Yes Mom. :nono::nono::nono:

".....and can you make sure you park MY CAR in the garage".
Yes Mom.

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

I'm at work right now holding back the laughter. LOL!

Yea, I met this guy and was dating him and realized that he was a pathological liar - like the type to lie and then start actually believing his own bs. Lied about EVERYTHING - like little stupid stuff "are you with Tmobile? nah, Verizon" type stuff. Lied about where he got his haircut. Lied about where he was from (told me he was from Florida, come to find out he's born and raised in Cali). Lied about his family. Just a damn liar.

I also dated this one guy who was a "music producer" (ok - sidebar. I live in LA so meeting someone who claims to be a music producer is the first red flag). Whatever, he was cute and had chips so I was willing to give it a try. We met at Starbucks and he pulls up in his Lexus (I mention this for a reason). First date we went to this excellent sushi restaurant, then to a "get together" at one of his friends' house (who had a beautiful home in Brentwood over looking all of LA). Then we went back to his house for a little bit (no, it did not go down like that - no kissing, nothing). We actually sat back and listened to music and made some "beats" which was new and fun.

OK - here's where it gets interesting. This man was 32. So when we pull up to his house, this sprawling house in Westwood (at least 6000 square feet), we go into the guest house. The whole time he's talking about how he's gotten to where he's at. Blah Blah Blah. I figured thats where the studio was - whatever.

So we're kicking back and all of a sudden I hear a beeping noise, like an intercom or pager. He pretends like he doesn't hear it. Then the beeping noise becomes one long beep. He still pretends like he doesn't hear it.

Yes Mom.
"Hi, sweetheart - I love your curly hair" (Thats to me. How she saw me I Have NO IDEA). :nono:
"Did you two have fun?"
Yes Mom.
"OK, now".

10 minutes later.

Yes Mom.

Oh. My. :nono::nono:

Yes Mom.
"Did you two have fun?"
Yes Mom.
"OK, now".

10 minutes later.

Yes Mom.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:I know he could have died.

I dated a man who was wonderful in every way except that his breath was RANK and he said he didn't date women his age because their bodies "show their age." (I'm 22 and he is 35). Even if the breath hadn't been scary, I have no respect for men who devalue women, and disrespecting women for their age is definitely devaluing them. Got rid of that fool.

• He was very insecure.
  • He lived in Queens and came to my old house (Staten Island) and sat on my porch for 2 hours before I was home.
  • He then told me a guy drove by my house 3x and just stared at it and him... and asked WHO that was...
  • He took my V-hood a year later ... and then joined a church.... became a JR Deacon... and would force me to have sex with him and then made me repent with him 2 minutes later... and then did it again repeatedly for several months until we broke up.
  • I was in Brasil a few months before the break up and he called me long distance.... just to argue with me.
  • He had to be right... he had to be the one who broke up with me, or he would beg plead and cry for days and hours... til we were back together and he would dump me.
  • He dumped me and I stopped calling one day... and he called 2 months later still quoting bible scriptures and telling me i was wrong for moving on because we were cleaved together in one flesh...
*thinking* Jesus take the wheel :rolleyes:

I dated a guy who I KNEW I should've never talked to. But hey! What can I say? I was pretty bored and had no other prospects. :rolleyes: Anyways, R.C. was a 28 yr old, no car, no job, bad breath, lived with his mama, computer whore who lied about how many kids he had.

Strike 1: No CAR
Okay, we're in Houston it's a NECESSITY to have a car. The broke car you had parked in your mama driveway doesn’t count homie. :nono:

Strike 2: NO JOB

Everytime I would go online or call him, he would be available. Okay. You're a teacher, how the heck are you always online or available to talk on the phone? He was so dumb. So being the person I am, I called the school up and asked to speak with him...

Me: Is R.C. available?
School: Who?
Me: R.C.
School: There's no one here by that name
Me: :nono:

So me being the in-your-face kind of person, I go to his house (mind you its 12pm in the afternoon, whatcha doing home bruh?). You know this punk had the nerve to say,"Oh yeah I just quit the other day, it wasn't for me” ...ME---> :nono: :ohwell:

Strike 3: Live with your mama

Okay, I understand that you and your ex broke-up and she “took everything”. I get that! But dude! That was 2 years ago, get it together! You not only stay with your mama @ 28yrs old, you SLEEP ON THE FLOOR! WTH?

Final blow:

You tell me about your little girl. Cool. But errrah, what happened to you mentioning the little boy? :look: Who looks just like you? Im saying, I walk in your mama living room to find a little boy who looks JUST like you? Your nephew huh? Pulleeaze! :rolleyes: Who you gaming?

This man, scratch that, boy lied sooo much over a period of 2 months! I feel sorry for the fool he with now…

That what's I get for being bored and lonely. :wallbash:

Last edited:
  • He was very insecure.
  • He lived in Queens and came to my old house (Staten Island) and sat on my porch for 2 hours before I was home.
  • He then told me a guy drove by my house 3x and just stared at it and him... and asked WHO that was...
  • He took my V-hood a year later ... and then joined a church.... became a JR Deacon... and would force me to have sex with him and then made me repent with him 2 minutes later... and then did it again repeatedly for several months until we broke up.
  • I was in Brasil a few months before the break up and he called me long distance.... just to argue with me.
  • He had to be right... he had to be the one who broke up with me, or he would beg plead and cry for days and hours... til we were back together and he would dump me.
  • He dumped me and I stopped calling one day... and he called 2 months later still quoting bible scriptures and telling me i was wrong for moving on because we were cleaved together in one flesh...

OMG-This gave me chills just reading it. Sounds very scary, I'm glad you got out.

Oh, and SouthernJewel and others that mentioned it, what is up with these men having rank BREATH? Even I have run across that recently and it's like, what gives? How the heck can your breath stink ALL THE TIME? :barf:

A few months ago, I hung out with a man (I was consciously using him to get over my ex, who I had just broken up with) whose ex-girlfriend would come over and clean his apartment (I'm talking scrubbing around the edges of his sink with a toothbrush, doing his laundry, and ironing his clothes) while I sat there with my feet up on the couch she bought him.

The first time I was at his place and she came over, I thought she was the cleaning lady. I even gave her some of my own clothes to wash. I only learned the truth when we were flirting and giggling one day while watching TV as she cleaned, and she started crying. I was like "dude, why is your cleaning lady crying?" That's when he told me she was his ex and was coming over out of "kindness." I was like 'you m*thaf*cka, that ain't kindness! Homegirl is still in love with you and you using her.' :nono: I had to end that **** because I cannot deal with a sista being used like that. Oh and it burned me up that she was a sista while he was white. He told me he couldn't marry her because she wasn't educated enough and wasn't from a family "on par" with his. He could take her money (dude was a lawyer and she was a paralegal, yet it came out that he had been letting her buy him expensive stuff), waste five years of her life, but not marry her. :wallbash: He even made me complicit in her exploitation by returning some things she had bought him and buying me things with the money (I didn't realize at the time).:wallbash:

I know the sista is still hung up on him even now (I hung out with him for three weeks and got rid of him four months ago) because he lives just two blocks from me, and I from time to time, I see her standing outside his door ringing the doorbell or walking up to his building with laundry in her arms. Somebody pray for that chick. :nono: Some women will do anything just to get a successful man, even when the goon is worthless.

Last edited:
Oh, and SouthernJewel and others that mentioned it, what is up with these men having rank BREATH? Even I have run across that recently and it's like, what gives? How the heck can your breath stink ALL THE TIME? :barf:
I know?! It's still a mystery to me. :nono:

I have unfortunately. I was 18 at the time. This guy seemed sweet at first... almost too good to be real.

Three or four months down the line, he started snapping at me for little things such as wearing a certain bracelet, or if i had no service on my phone and he couldn't get through.

He even broke up with me once because he called me on private number... I missed the call, and he expected me to somehow know it was him and to call him back... STUPID things like that.

He also left me for his ex, then came running back to me, but expected me to take him back while he treated me like crap...

ER.... NO

He had to go!

A few months ago, I hung out with a man (I was consciously using him to get over my ex, who I had just broken up with) whose ex-girlfriend would come over and clean his apartment (I'm talking scrubbing around the edges of his sink with a toothbrush, doing his laundry, and ironing his clothes) while I sat there with my feet up on the couch she bought him.

The first time I was at his place and she came over, I thought she was the cleaning lady. I even gave her some of my own clothes to wash. I only learned the truth when we were flirting and giggling one day while watching TV as she cleaned, and she started crying. I was like "dude, why is your cleaning lady crying?" That's when he told me she was his ex and was coming over out of "kindness." I was like 'you m*thaf*cka, that ain't kindness! Homegirl is still in love with you and you using her.' :nono: I had to end that **** because I cannot deal with a sista being used like that. Oh and it burned me up that she was a sista while he was white. He told me he couldn't marry her because she wasn't educated enough and wasn't from a family "on par" with his. He could take her money (dude was a lawyer and she was a paralegal, yet it came out that he had been letting her buy him expensive stuff), waste five years of her life, but not marry her. :wallbash: He even made me complicit in her exploitation by returning some things she had bought him and buying me things with the money (I didn't realize at the time).:wallbash:

I know the sista is still hung up on him even now (I hung out with him for three weeks and got rid of him four months ago) because he lives just two blocks from me, and I from time to time, I see her standing outside his door ringing the doorbell or walking up to his building with laundry in her arms. Somebody pray for that chick. :nono: Some women will do anything just to get a successful man, even when the goon is worthless.

He is soooo wrong for that! I hope this woman finds the strength to move away from all that negativity... poor lady

I dated a guy once that loved to argue and I don't like to argue...:nono: and I found out that he smoked pot a lot...that was it for me...I ended it...cause he was crazy...:perplexed

OMG-He is trifling! :mad:

I hope she finds the strength to move on. Is he at least paying her for the cleaning she does?

ETA:I just re-read and saw where she was coming over out of "kindness".:nono:

OMG-He is trifling! :mad:

I hope she finds the strength to move on. Is he at least paying her for the cleaning she does?

ETA:I just re-read and saw where she was coming over out of "kindness".:nono:

Isn't that awful! Ole dude needs to be careful - these low-key, meek types are the ones who put up and put up and then suddenly kirk out and take you out.

After reading this thread, and after a few weeks of healing, mind you, I am SO OVER my ex! Its to the point where I don't want to even acknowledge him as a person I dated

Looking back dating him was the stupidest, yet smartest thing I have ever done in my life...stupid b/c it was damned to fail from the jump ( My pastor said you can't build order on disorder, and the relationship began on deceit) and smart, b/c I now know what I will not tolerate in a relationship.

He has good intentions but a WHOLE lot of learning to do. His mom passed away when he was younger so he has a lot of issues from that...I feel bad putting him on blast but its not like anyone here knows me personally...The last girlfriend was really young...like the mom wanted to press statutory rape charges...and there was a whole lot of family drama...like i went to one of his dad's baby's mama house (visiting...after he begged me to come with them out of town--when I had a major final to study for!) and the baby mama was giving me dirty looks b/c she thought I was the dad's girlfriend! His dad is pushing 50! Most ppl say I look younger than my age (22), so what the hell! And of course the dad's girlfriend was mad b/c the lady was giving her the cold shoulder...and while all this was going on the ex was outside playing basketball...this jerk left me inside with ppl I didn't know, and ppl he didn't really have any relationship with!

I would be all night telling some of the other ridiculousness associated with him, but I'm just going to say I am SO GLAD he walked away from me!!!! I was too in love to see the light, but getting away from him was the greatest thing that has happened to me.

Ladies if a man verbally tells you with his own mouth, that he is a selfish person, and he is a hypocrite...take off running in the opposite direction and DO NOT LOOK BACK..You can not "fix" him..only God can do that. If you want to wait for that man to mature and get right, that's your prerogative but there are going to be a lot of headaches and heartaches along the way...

I for one, am not willing to sacrifice my peace of mind again.

I totally agree with the bolded part of your statement. Thanks for sharing that :)

I dated my ex for 2 years. He started off nice and treated me well. 6 months into the relationship, he changed. He admitted that he had problems with panic attacks and anxiety ( major red flad, but I ignored it because I loved him) To make a long story short, he would constantly yell at me, controlling and calling my job and house numerous times during the day and anytime at night. The last straw was when he told me that he couldn't stand my f***** mom!! Then he apologizes, and then got angry because I would not take him back.

He had the nerve to say that if we can't be together, it was my responsibility to get him and his ex girlfriend back together. The kicker is that I didn't know her at all, and from what he told me how they broke up, she don't even want him back :nono:

Character Issues? Yes!!

Dated one guy who was a different faith than mine. I was fine with it. Or so I thought. First he didn't want me to wear knee length skirts. I kept wearing them. :rolleyes: Then we would go out for dinner and when we'd get back in the car, I would touch up my lipstick or something and he would literally SNAP at me for it. Like yell that I didn't need the make-up and snatch it from me. :yawn:

I didn't stick around to see what other stupidity he was capable of.

Dated another guy who was a 'devout' Christian. His idea of a romantic date was going to bible study. He would read me scripture over the phone and pray with me. Those were the good parts. The bad part was that he was a serial confused cheater. A Sunday Christian. He would talk the talk and then fall flat on his face. After 1 yr. it was over.

I dated my ex for 2 years. He started off nice and treated me well. 6 months into the relationship, he changed. He admitted that he had problems with panic attacks and anxiety ( major red flad, but I ignored it because I loved him) To make a long story short, he would constantly yell at me, controlling and calling my job and house numerous times during the day and anytime at night. The last straw was when he told me that he couldn't stand my f***** mom!! Then he apologizes, and then got angry because I would not take him back.

He had the nerve to say that if we can't be together, it was my responsibility to get him and his ex girlfriend back together. The kicker is that I didn't know her at all, and from what he told me how they broke up, she don't even want him back :nono:

It saddens me that their are so many guys like this out there. I was involved with a guy for only 3 months (praise the Lord) who had many of these characteristics. The controlling, the shouting, the calling, texting, emailing numerous times a day - and would get into a rage if I didn't respond immediately. The idiot loved to let me know that there are lots of other women who want him, so I should step up my game etc....
I'm convinced he had a Personality Disorder (Narcissism)
Thank God I only wasted 3 months of the my life with the nut.

• He was very insecure.
:nono::eh:
I am sorry but that last line made me laugh so hard... That guy was nuts

TheLaurynDoll,

OMG - my ex was just like your ex.

I'm still in shock that such human beings roam this earth.

I call one guy 'emotionally bankrupt.' First, he is sooooo philosophical I don't understand how anyone puts up with him. And I am a self-proclaimed 'egghead' and still could not keep up. Secondly, he didn't know how to express himself on a real level. It's like he wore a mask sometimes to hide his feelings. :nono: The best way I can explain it is that he came off very passive-agressive or sometimes just plain aggressive. He never talks anything out, the issue just lingers. Also, he doesn't know how to show affection.... :yawn:

Here is a breakdown of a passive-agressive individual. Anyone I've dated in Atlanta had these traits.

*FEAR OF DEPENDENCY - Unsure of his autonomy & afraid of being alone, he fights his dependency needs - usually by trying to control you. *FEAR OF INTIMACY - Guarded & often mistrusful, he is reluctant to show his emotional fragility. He's often out of touch with his feelings, reflexively denying feelings he thinks will "trap" or reveal him, like love. He picks fights to create distance.*FEAR OF COMPETITION - Feeling inadequate, he is unable to compete with other men in work and love. He may operate either as a self-sabotaging wimp with a pattern of failure, or he'll be the tyrant, setting himself up as unassailable and perfect, needing to eliminate any threat to his power.*OBSTRUCTIONISM - Just tell a p/a man what you want, no matter how small, and he may promise to get it for you. But he won't say when, and he"ll do it deliberately slowly just to frustrate you. Maybe he won't comply at all. He blocks any real progress he sees to your getting your way.*FOSTERING CHAOS - The p/a man prefers to leave the puzzle incomplete, the job undone.*FEELING VICTIMIZED - The p/a man protests that others unfairly accuse him rather than owning up to his own misdeeds. To remain above reporach, he sets himself up as the apparently hapless, innocent victim of your excessive demands and tirades.*MAKING EXCUSES & LYING - The p/a man reaches as far as he can to fabricate excuses for not fulfilling promises. As a way of withholding information, affirmation or love - to have power over you - the p/a man may choose to make up a story rather than give you a straight answer.*PROCRASTINATION - The p/a man has an odd sense of time - he believes that deadlines don't exist for him.*CHRONIC LATENESS & FORGETFULNESS - One of the most infuriating & inconsiderate of all p/a traits is his inability to arrive on time. By keeping you waiting, he sets the ground rules of the relationship. And his selective forgetting - used only when he wants to avoid an obligation.*AMBIGUITY - He is master of mixed messages and sitting on fences. When he tells you something, you may still walk away wondering if he actually said yes or no.*SULKING - Feeling put upon when he is unable to live up to his promises or obligations, the p/a man retreats from pressures around him and sulks, pouts and withdraws.

Yes Mom.
"Did you two have fun?"
Yes Mom.
"OK, now".

10 minutes later.

Yes Mom.

:dead: :lachen::lachen:

That what's I get for being bored and lonely. :wallbash:

Girl, bored and lonely is a BADDDD combination.

That's when you end up going out with someone, knowing damn well you have NO business, justifying it on account of "something new".

"Something new" has crept up on me and bit me at least 5 times.

Girl, bored and lonely is a BADDDD combination.

That's when you end up going out with someone, knowing damn well you have NO business, justifying it on account of "something new".

"Something new" has crept up on me and bit me at least 5 times.

Girl,aint that the truth?I'd say 75% of the dudes i've went out with were due to boredom/loneliness. :nono:

Whoooaaaaaa...this is the worst story I've heard yet:sad:.

Back