Have you AIRDRIED a SHORT Hair cut STRAIGHT?

itismehmmkay

Lately, I've been airdrying my hair straight while pulled back. Well, I think I'm going to get my hair cut in a cute bob (again) tomorrow. (Sidenote: I think this is like my hair style/cut for life!)

So, I was wondering: Has anyone used the scarf method w/ a short haircut and styled it without heat afterwards????

i use to hair dry my short hair cut staight. i just comb in some lacio lacio tie it down and it air dry some time over night it always came out great i love to hair dry:yep:

I used to airdry with my hair tied down using my do-rag all the time. I'd apply my leave-ins, put some gel the in the back (tapered/shaved part) if necessary...brush, part my hair the way I wanted and tie on the do-rag. Easy!

Yep I've done it. :yep: I use whatever leave-in and seal it with castor oil and tie my hair the way I want to wear it (side part, swoop bang, whateva). Works out well depending how many weeks post I may be. ]

Sometimes I may throw a roller at the crown to give it some body. I let the roller stay on for like 1-2 hrs while I get ready and drive to work.

Yep I've done it. :yep: I use whatever leave-in and seal it with castor oil and tie my hair the way I want to wear it (side part, swoop bang, whateva). Works out well depending how many weeks post I may be. ]

Sometimes I may throw a roller at the crown to give it some body. I let the roller stay on for like 1-2 hrs while I get ready and drive to work.

Yep, I did it like this too when my hair was shorter.

I've done it when my hair was even shorter than it is now..Wrapped it at night and in the morning comb it down and go :yep:

My hair is pretty much the same length as my picture and I recently started airdrying about 2 weeks ago (at that point I was 7 weeks post) especially after co-wash; I was "afraid" at first because I thought it was going to dry huge and be hard to deal with but it wasn't. Since I prepoo and deep condition my hair is a lot easier to manage. On Wednesday, I did my full regime and airdried because I was too lazy to rollerset etc. Since I'm 9 weeks post I just used S-Curl for the new growth and ends and sealed w/shea butter when it was almost dry. I usually wrap and use a scarf when I airdry. I will say that my ends don't lay as flat but that might be due to the fact that I need a trim/dust but they don't look horrible.

Last edited:
My hair is only slightly longer than my siggy and I airdry straight ALL the time. I can't not airdry straight.

However, asking me whether my hair is puffy or not is another question, hahah!!!

I've been airdrying since October and I LOVE IT!!! My hair is very thick and it always took a good bit of time under a hooded dryer. I just prepoo, shampoo and deep condition it. Then I add my leave in (either Lacio Lacio or Salerm), comb through with a wide tooth comb and tie it down with a scarf. After it dries, I moisturize with S-Curl and seal with either Motions Weightless Clear Hairdressing or Mizani H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment.

Back