Have Pure Oils replaced your Creme Moisturiser

kizzylonghair

Hi Ladies,

I have sat here thinking that I have not used a Creme Moisturiser eg Mango Butter for the past 4 months!!

I am now a converted Oil girl, I mix Coconut :lick:, Caster :lick:, & Olive Oil :lick:.
I use within my deep con and use on my ends everyday.

I love the shine, sheen & the fact IT DOES NOT weight down my hair, I have noticed no adverse side effects with condition or length.

I really want to try some Indian Hair to:grin:

Anyone Else???

no never for me, i loooooove jbco but i cant use it on my dry natural hair so i use it on my damp natural hair:love:

Nice thread!

No, they have not. I love oils, especially deep into a stretch, but I must have a leave-in/moisturizer. As a hot oil treatment and mixed in a deep conditioner - yes. Alone - no.

I've actually noticed this about myself only recently. I no longer use Creamy moisturizers, I use S-Curl, and Silken Child spritz's and I seal with oil. I have also made my own sheabutter/oil blend that I use on my scalp and to seal. So.....yeah, I would say I have replaced most of my creamy with oils!!

Nice thread!

No, they have not. I love oils, especially deep into a stretch, but I must have a leave-in/moisturizer. As a hot oil treatment and mixed in a deep conditioner - yes. Alone - no.

The right mixture for your hair, could change your mind :lachen:

I've actually noticed this about myself only recently. I no longer use Creamy moisturizers, I use S-Curl, and Silken Child spritz's and I seal with oil. I have also made my own sheabutter/oil blend that I use on my scalp and to seal. So.....yeah, I would say I have replaced most of my creamy with oils!!

I feel you, who said moisture has to be creamy :grin:
I really want to try sheabutter :love:

Share your Oil blend pls:look:

Funny you should post this as i noticed recently how moisturising Hot Six Oil is on my hair. I've been complaining about my really badly dry hair and noticed that i had stopped using the QP Mango Butter and was just using the oil on my dry hair.My hair seems to be doing better.

I'm also using the oil for my pre poo under the dryer for 20 mins and it actually melt away the tangles.

Last edited:
Yup I use an oil mix of coconut oil, evoo, castor oil and sunflower oil after I oil my scalp everyday and it's still on my fingers. My hair has never felt better! I do however sometimes leave in AOHSR or diluted Vo5 after I wash once a week.

Back