Have I been DCing my hair in vain????

ebonyhair

This is information from a website called Askabeauty.com. I know that alot of us use these to condition our hair especially eggs and honey. What do you thinK?????

Things that do not help in a conditioning shampoo:
1. Eggs contain a protein that hair CANNOT absorb and adds no value to a product other
than as a marketing tool
2. Carrot oil – used for aroma and color, not for hair health.
3. Aloe – aids healing in burns but is only effective in living skin, not hair.
4. Vitamin E – this is a nutrient. Your hair doesn’t eat.
5. Malt – appears mostly in men’s shampoos but isn’t the most effective protein option.
6. Vitamin – only B5 helps because it contains panthenol.
7. Birch and all other herbs – birch is good when dabbed directly on an oily scalp for its
astringent properties. All herbs effectiveness are totally lost when mixed in a shampoo.
8. Honey – does nothing to hair and is totally water soluble, so it gets rinsed out.
9. Jojoba – yes, it’s good while it’s on your hair, but it’s also water soluble, so it gets rinsed
out.

This is information from a website called Askabeauty.com. I know that alot of us use these to condition our hair especially eggs and honey. What do you thinK?????

Things that do not help in a conditioning shampoo:
1. Eggs contain a protein that hair CANNOT absorb and adds no value to a product other
than as a marketing tool
2. Carrot oil – used for aroma and color, not for hair health.
3. Aloe – aids healing in burns but is only effective in living skin, not hair.
4. Vitamin E – this is a nutrient. Your hair doesn’t eat.
5. Malt – appears mostly in men’s shampoos but isn’t the most effective protein option.
6. Vitamin – only B5 helps because it contains panthenol.
7. Birch and all other herbs – birch is good when dabbed directly on an oily scalp for its
astringent properties. All herbs effectiveness are totally lost when mixed in a shampoo.
8. Honey – does nothing to hair and is totally water soluble, so it gets rinsed out.
9. Jojoba – yes, it’s good while it’s on your hair, but it’s also water soluble, so it gets rinsed
out.

Nah, this person is not as informed as they think they are.

It's funny. Any knucklehead can write anything on the internet and make it seem true. :lol:

The only thing that MAY have A LITTLE truth in it is the first one. However, seems like we are all undecided about that one because it definitely works for many people.

in a shampoo: i'd believe it. you're just gonna wash the stuff out.

now, all of these things are fantastic in a CONDITIONER, though :yep:

That is all false.... I don't buy it..... My hair is testimony to that.

Beauty companies will say anything to get your money.

Last edited:
in a shampoo: i'd believe it. you're just gonna wash the stuff out.

now, all of these things are fantastic in a CONDITIONER, though :yep:

Some shampoos are pretty conditioning though. It's not always the case that the conditioning agents are going to be 100% washed away.

Of course it all depends on how a product is formulated and used, but a lot of these things can be good for hair in shampoos, conditioners and all alone too.

This is so stupid!! Whoever wrote this does not know what they are talking about! I have tried some of these things and I love what they do for my hair.

Back